Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: SHOT EXPO deals and chat.

SHOT EXPO deals and chat.

Hey team,

Couldn’t make the SHOT EXPO this year, had a family emergency. However I thought those of us with a fear of missing out, could live vicariously through you/through this page if you are attending and have time to post some banter/deals up.

Me personally, I am keen to jump on board with potential “group/multi discount” to help get things a little cheaper.

Mainly looking at;
    AR Low mag scopes >$1000,
    AR Tool kit inc. wrench,
    E cat/Stock and Milspec tube,
    7mmRM reloading,
    Chrony’s.

Cheers,

Carl

But I’m sure there are other people out there that want to talk shop about stuff as well. Photo’s, requests, updates and deals are all welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    baronPolarbear and Gusto like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Personally I was disappointed. The retailer that I had purchased a pistol from last week with the understanding that I would bring the P2P to the show and he would bring the pistol fucking forgot despite our swapping emails twice and my reiterating the arrangement we had made on the website order form when I paid for it. There was also bugger all by way of ammo outside NATO calibres which was frustrating. There was however a rather nice Blaser for Sixty grand that that I thought all you buggers could chip in for and get me for my birthday and the moulded ear protection that I purchased from Jaytod is better (more efficient) than any earmuffs that I have ever worn. On a scale of one to ten with ten being the bees knees I give it a three. That said I met Terry from Knives of Africa at his stand and caught up with Greg who had a fuck off big Terminator brake that could double as an erection for a Shetland pony so not all was lost.
    7mmsaum, 300winmag, Survy and 9 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Not much different from last year expect that I think overall, the stands were smaller and therefore less content per suppler. I am guessing that this was due to the cost per m2 for a stand?

Standout product for me (ie I was pleasantly surprised in some way) was the quality of the latest offering from Nikko Sterling scopes. They had FFP 4-16 and 6-24 illuminated scopes there that were around the $600 mark. In terms of optical testing inside a building, they were as good or better than scopes 4x the price, come with a lifetime warrantee and NZ backup. Definitely worth consideration.

What did I buy?? 4 pair of socks! (got 4x extra pairs for free )
    Hunter_killer likes this.

northdude
    we liked it boy did quite well at the air pistol range got some nice bier sticks and black pudding from a lady there had a look at the nikko stirling scopes and thought they were quite good for the price bought a Winchester hid spotlight kit for a steal I recon there were heaps more ar parts there this year I liked the side charger uppers but didn't get to hold one and have a good look that's the positives I can think of one thing that pissed me off a bit is some of the people running the stalls standing in the entrance of the stall having a good old chat and you couldn't get in to have a look around you need to know your prices before you go some stuff is more expensive than in the shops I forgot to see who the guys were with the nikko stirling scopes does anyone know who they were

Yeah a bit of shame from what I hear. Definitely some gems though? Heard the Vtx Strike Eagles were about $500 new? Maybe there will be better deals tomorrow? A positive for companies; Good “networking” but I fear that’s what it leans towards rather than the consumer? Side note; I know the Sika show had a good amount of reloading gear/supplies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to shell out 3.5 big ones on a Nightforce scope with the free mounts and ear plugs etc. Got taken around to counter pulled out the plastic and got told sorry we don't take Visa so scope stayed there

Purveyor of Fine Cutlery terryf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    good look that's the positives I can think of one thing that pissed me off a bit is some of the people running the stalls standing in the entrance of the stall having a good old chat and you couldn't get in to have a look around
    This is always a difficult one, trying to get the chit chatters to move along without being rude. Blocking the entrance is obviously just silly as they're costing themselves sales but sometimes its unavoidable.

As an exhibitor, a few things pissed me off - firstly, when we arrived, the tables and chairs we had rented weren't anywhere to be found and we had to ask for them to be brought down to the booth. This costs time and delayed our setup which was aggravated by the passing chit chatters.

People picking up knives and axes and trying to re-enact some Hollywood movie - mate, you look like a tosser, put it down before you hurt yourself.
    And finally, Mr Promises, the people that ask you to put it one side, they're just going to draw money and never return.

I dont mind people putting their grubby paw prints all over the merchandise, I have stuff to clean them with but when you intend picking up any merchandise, please finish your hotdog with onion, mustard and tomato sauce and wash you hands!

Apart from that it wasn't a bad day and thanks to all that popped past to say hi, sorry I wasn't able to chat more.
    Regards
    Terry

https://www.knives4africa.co.nz/
    Custom knife dealer

Authorised Nitecore Torch Retailer
    NZ Distributor of Nano-Oil

We had a great time cheers @Hunter_killer, kid got face painted too, bought some Belmont77 gn 223 mate bought a nice folder off @terryf and is seriously considering the $1700 folding cleaver.... Name:  20190223_111730.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  6.66 MB
    Hunter_killer and terryf like this.

northdude
    its wasn't the chatting as such sometimes it can lead to sales as some people don't know much so ask a lot of questions it was more the blocking of the entrances hope you get some business there

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Personally I was disappointed. The retailer that I had purchased a pistol from last week with the understanding that I would bring the P2P to the show and he would bring the pistol fucking forgot despite our swapping emails twice and my reiterating the arrangement we had made on the website order form when I paid for it. There was also bugger all by way of ammo outside NATO calibres which was frustrating. There was however a rather nice Blaser for Sixty grand that that I thought all you buggers could chip in for and get me for my birthday and the moulded ear protection that I purchased from Jaytod is better (more efficient) than any earmuffs that I have ever worn. On a scale of one to ten with ten being the bees knees I give it a three. That said I met Terry from Knives of Africa at his stand and caught up with Greg who had a fuck off big Terminator brake that could double as an erection for a Shetland pony so not all was lost.
    It wasn’t a Rotorua based person by chance was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
    We had a great time cheers @Hunter_killer, kid got face painted too, bought some Belmont77 gn 223 mate bought a nice folder off @terryf and is seriously considering the $1700 folding cleaver.... Attachment 105692
    Great to hear mate! Glad the ticket went to good use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blisters likes this.

SHOT EXPO deals and chat.

Quote Originally Posted by winaa View Post
    Went to shell out 3.5 big ones on a Nightforce scope with the free mounts and ear plugs etc. Got taken around to counter pulled out the plastic and got told sorry we don't take Visa so scope stayed there
    That’s pretty shocking. What the hell did they expect?

Last edited by Hunter_killer; 23-02-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    omegaspeedy likes this.

I had a great day, looking at a heap of very nice sleepers just down the road from me, all sorts, lots of Winchester’s, .303s, muzzle loaders etc! Now what I want and what I need is the question!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Now what I want and what I need is the question!!
    Haha, the struggle is real. I feel your pain.

Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_killer View Post
    That’s pretty shocking. What the hell did they expect?

Yeah I don't have that much spare cash floating around