Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sig Kilo BDX - question

Sig Kilo BDX - question

Anyone running a kilo rangefinder with the bdx software and a swaro?

MOA swaro's aren't exactly MOA, they are IPHY (inch per hundred yards) so the solution isnt bang on to my shooter ap with iphy and the adjustment factor added.

Question is does anyone else run these two and are getting good results with the bdx solution?

Worst case is I run the rangefinder on the AMR setting and just use my shooter dope as per normal. Be good to use the bdx solution but

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Anyone running a kilo rangefinder with the bdx software and a swaro?

MOA swaro's aren't exactly MOA, they are IPHY (inch per hundred yards) so the solution isnt bang on to my shooter ap with iphy and the adjustment factor added.

Question is does anyone else run these two and are getting good results with the bdx solution?

Worst case is I run the rangefinder on the AMR setting and just use my shooter dope as per normal. Be good to use the bdx solution but
    I’ve got Kilo 1600bdx and just had a play with it the other day with load data entered shot my Creedmoor at 765yds and using a z3 that’s not even designed for dialling
    Gibo likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I take it theirs a mic hair between moa and inch per 100 then? Set the finder to moa and yards and it should be sweet as I’d have though iv always treated moa as 1 inch/100yards or are we talking the mythical shooters moa? I’d certainly input all your data and validate mine works A treat with 7 saum and my scope states Moa/1nch 100yds it’s a bloody awesome system man punches way way above its price point very quick and easy to get readings way out.
    Gibo likes this.

Secondly I think @stagstalker has gone down the route of adjusting inputs to suit a swaro in the past he may be of help
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I take it theirs a mic hair between moa and inch per 100 then? Set the finder to moa and yards and it should be sweet as I’d have though iv always treated moa as 1 inch/100yards or are we talking the mythical shooters moa? I’d certainly input all your data and validate mine works A treat with 7 saum and my scope states Moa/1nch 100yds it’s a bloody awesome system man punches way way above its price point very quick and easy to get readings way out.
    Yeah could be my settings, its about .5 moa out

Swaro Z5s dial 0.975” at 100 yards. To best accomodate this in my shooter app I set it at IPHY and then the elevation correction factor set to 1.025” (this accounts for the 0.025” difference between IPHY and 0.975”).

I haven’t played with the Sig BDX so not much help there but i’m guessing if it doesn’t have the option to adjust IPHY or elevation correction factor then the best method would be adjust MV until the BDX solution matches your trued shooter app solution? Forgive me if i’m way off the mark here, don’t know how the sig system works.

This is news to me lol. I always thought moa was 1 inch @ 100 yards 2 @ 200 ect. I've used the box program and the kilos alot I will have a quick squiz and see if I can be of any assistance. Failing that my advise would be to shoot on steel to your desired distance and validate your exact drop , and manually enter the variance in the program.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Swaro Z5s dial 0.975” at 100 yards. To best accomodate this in my shooter app I set it at IPHY and then the elevation correction factor set to 1.025” (this accounts for the 0.025” difference between IPHY and 0.975”).

I haven’t played with the Sig BDX so not much help there but i’m guessing if it doesn’t have the option to adjust IPHY or elevation correction factor then the best method would be adjust MV until the BDX solution matches your trued shooter app solution? Forgive me if i’m way off the mark here, don’t know how the sig system works.
    Yeah mate spot on. I have all those settings made in my shooter app also, no ability to select iphy in rangefinder, i will test as is and see how it goes, worst case just use it as a rangefinder
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah mate spot on. I have all those settings made in my shooter app also, no ability to select iphy in rangefinder, i will test as is and see how it goes, worst case just use it as a rangefinder
    Imo that defeats the purpose of the system. It's super fast does all the work for you and is bang on out to 800ish. I would put the time jnnonnthw range and get it working. Then when hunting you simply range and get your exact dope instantly. Just my 2 cents.

Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post

I still struggle to believe that very high-end scopes don't dial true.
    I do realize that most brands don't but what's that about?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I still struggle to believe that very high-end scopes don't dial true.
    I do realize that most brands don't but what's that about?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Beats me lol it is pretty random but atleast it’s a consistent variable
    Gibo likes this.

Mmm think i have found the miss match. The unit wants to get weather conditions from the nearest station but it’s showing-9 C
    I try to input the true 13 and it just flicks back to neg nine

Try turning your location and gps off on your phone?

Gibo likes this.

just go airplane mode aye, i'll give it a crack

If you go airplane mode you will have to turn your Bluetooth back on.