Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Hermitage
  • 1 Post By Liam258
  • 1 Post By Dermastor
  • 1 Post By Younghunter123
  • 1 Post By jono7
  • 1 Post By Stimpy

Thread: SIG KILO BDX Rangefinders - Yay or Nay?

SIG KILO BDX Rangefinders - Yay or Nay?

Been offered a good deal on a 2200BDX rangefinder - tempted by the thought of being able to eventually pair with a BDX scope so I can easily switch between a supersonic and subsonic load in the ole 308. Seems to be some mixed reviews online, anyone had experience with rangefinder and scope who can share some thoughts?

Yes great rangefinders but not the same warranty as Vortex.
    I had the Kilo 1800 but sold it before the warranty expired. 5 year warranty starts from date of manufacture for the electronic components of the Kilo rangefinders.
    I ended up buying the Vortex Fury bino rangefinder as a lifetime warranty on all... incl electronics.

The kilo I never paired it with a BDX scope but it really looks like a great system for those who do not dial and are happy to use a holdover red dot. Accurate out to an 800-yard holdover on the BDX scope.
    For me the rangefinder is great but to pair it with a BDX scope would only make sense if there was only a short space of time to take the target, because if there's time, one could just dial using the scope's adjustments.
    Jake77 likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

I also have the 1800 bdx. I use a leupold vx5 so can’t pair it with the rangefinder. However, I have input my load data into the sig sauer app which loads it into the range m.finder so when I range a distance it will tell me how much moa to dial. I’ve found it very accurate so far out to 600 yards. I haven’t shot further as that is far as my range allows.
    Jake77 likes this.

I have two Sig range finders. An older Kilo 2000 and newer pair of binos 3000 BDX. The 2000 have recently been rendered useless by the readout burning out in the centre so you cant see the range reading, The Binos I have never been able to pair to anything even the Sig app. It would be fair to say I have been underwhelmed with both the units.
    Jake77 likes this.

Hey Dermastor Have you tried sending items away to receive warranty? I always think it’s worth trying even though it is outside of time frame stated. I have used a bdx combo on a stag during the roar and just as Hermitage said it was the perfect tool as he was on the move doing his beat and barely stopped for a second as he went with one person ranging and me behind the gun was able to stay on target as he moved until he eventually stopped for a few seconds . Including that guy I know 4 people that use and love them and have never had an issue .I would own one but not a fan of the magnification ranges although I did see the Sierra 6 now has different mag ranges
    Jake77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    I have two Sig range finders. An older Kilo 2000 and newer pair of binos 3000 BDX. The 2000 have recently been rendered useless by the readout burning out in the centre so you cant see the range reading, The Binos I have never been able to pair to anything even the Sig app. It would be fair to say I have been underwhelmed with both the units.
    Possibly the BT is not working? Have you tried deleting/reloading the app in you phone, forget this device and repairing? If they are under 5yrs old should be able to claim via the nz agent. There are also heaps of how-to's on youtube.
    I have set of the 3000bdx and set up both of my rifles(sold one now) in the custom profiles and adjusted the velocity while validating, and the solutions are correct to 800 using both Leupold and Zeiss scopes. I like them.
    Jake77 likes this.

Have got the kilo1600 and bdx scope, no issues so far, also use the rangefinder on my other rifle and like the fact that it displays the MOA for quick dial up
    Jake77 likes this.