Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Seventenths
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 1 Post By Seventenths
  • 1 Post By AzumitH

Thread: SileNZ Carbine suppressor.........whose got one?

SileNZ Carbine suppressor.........whose got one?

Haven't seen anyone mention this brand of suppressor. Anyone got one? Good, bad or otherwise?

Ask Dean Maisey, he makes them and sell them.

Im interested in the same, does anyone actually have one? Compared to MAE, DPT etc?

If these are made by the same Dean Maisey that logs on under multiple user names (Kaimai Views, Eagles) to try and discredit other suppressor manufacturers then I'd be very VERY weary of them
    Kiwi Greg, oneipete and sometimes like this.

Dean does not make these cans however he does fit them and has done a couple of videos covering their features etc on youtube. I have the rimfire version for a 17 HMR and it is very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Dean does not make these cans however he does fit them and has done a couple of videos covering their features etc on youtube. I have the rimfire version for a 17 HMR and it is very effective.
    Nice one @Donald, someone with first hand experience with an OP's question has replied.
    Ranal likes this.

You sure...

Why SILENZ ? - SileNZ Rifle Suppressors

Note the part - (Now manufactured and distributed by D.F. Maisey Gunsmithing, Tauranga. (07)544-2207 )

Well, I stand corrected. Again though, at least with the rimfire model I find it very effective. Build quality is very good on the unit I have. It is early days for it though as its only had 600 rounds through it to date.

Well, I stand corrected. Again though, at least with the rimfire model I find it very effective. Build quality is very good on the unit I have. It is early days for it though as its only had 600 rounds through it to date.
    Don't stand corrected mate. The good thing about the net is you can go and check things with a few key strokes eh? Here are the missing words *"From April 2016 SILENZ Custom Rifle Suppressors will be made and distributed by D.F. Maisey Ltd" so unless I am very much mistaken it is only happening right now, this month. Sounds like the original outfit was struggling which may be no surprise given that there are at least 3 or 4 well established excellent brands here. Hard domestic market at least to break into.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Don't stand corrected mate. The good thing about the net is you can go and check things with a few key strokes eh? Here are the missing words *"From April 2016 SILENZ Custom Rifle Suppressors will be made and distributed by D.F. Maisey Ltd" so unless I am very much mistaken it is only happening right now, this month. Sounds like the original outfit was struggling which may be no surprise given that there are at least 3 or 4 well established excellent brands here. Hard domestic market at least to break into.
    Your right... everything can be searched through the net with a couple of key strokes!

http://www.iponz.govt.nz/app/Extra/D...72650236087964

Click on "Designs" on top row.

Click on "Search Now" Under "Search for Designs", under "Design Title" type in "suppressor" and you'll bring up Dean Maisey's suppressors and click on anyone of his designs he's logged there and you'll see how long he's been registering his designs which go back to June 2014

The photos shown look just like Silenz suppressors.
    zimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Have a look at the you tube videos, see who is presenting them, look at the publishing dates as well as the registered designs etc,

Not too hard to see through the smoke screen & figure it all out.

Balance that with the debacle on the other forum with multiple log ins & openly aggressively slagging off the opposition...

Not a particularly brilliant way of building up & running a business, if you get caught....

This is a small country & the internet has made the world extremely small compared to even a few years ago.....

Couln't find them (sileNZ) under the company register though. Oh well enjoyed that while it was running.

Reads like a bad episode of scooby do.
    sometimes likes this.

Banned
    I have the larger one that I share between a .270 and 6.5 x 55. It certainly works well. Dean is easy to deal with and has tricked up my rifles to suit me.
    I don't know about this Scooby doo thing and it doesn't concern me.