Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Sticky T3 bolt

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Sticky T3 bolt

For some silly reason I decided to clean my Tikka last night ( barrel & action ) went out this arvo and put some bombs through it & now the friggen bolt is binding up

Any thoughts ?
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Caretaker
    Lube the bolts external surfaces with redding sizing wax

It sticks to stainless components like a mad thing and they feel smooth as.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Failing what 7mmsaum said I'd try the rubbish bin
    Blaser, falconhell, Toby and 1 others like this.

Prob ably knocked some bush dust into the action, tight on closing would suggest shit up in the lug/barrel thread part of action.
    Contact cleaner and compressesed air work well at getting crap out of here just remember to lube up afterward.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    For some silly reason I decided to clean my Tikka last night ( barrel & action ) went out this arvo and put some bombs through it & now the friggen bolt is binding up

Any thoughts ?
    Well, I thought cleaning was a need every time after a out shooting! LOL!
    I agree with Veitnamcam, however, in my "few" Tikka's I never have a similar or any other "problem". Just a quick WD40 spray and wipe and it is smooth as butter again.
    Good luck!

Banned
    A work mate bought a brand spanker T3 in 7mm 08 first round down the chamber bolt was hard to close!!!.....brand new.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    A work mate bought a brand spanker T3 in 7mm 08 first round down the chamber bolt was hard to close!!!.....brand new.
    Was it the right cartridge? Sorry @Neckshot, just a joke and no offence at all.
    I can't comment on that but IMHO it is something the gun shop should look and sort if necessary, proved it is a gun "problem".
    I have 4 Tikka's that 3 was bought brand new and one second hand. All of them are pretty sweet, never had a "problem".
    I hope it don't make you think the Tikka's are "poos" like some people like to think, if "problems" or manufacturer defects put the rifle quality down we know we would never have anything "good" enough to make us happy.
    We can not expect a Tikka to be like an Accuracy International, Sako, Barrett, Blaser, etc, but for sure the brand has kill a lot of game and shot heaps of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    More likely to be ammo problem, rather than short headspace on the rifle. I have found some tikka/sakos with tight headspace in .223 rem, but never on standard '308' case cartridges.

If he was using that cheap Yugoslav factory ammo that is the most likely problem. Brass on that stuff is usually not sized down properly. Have found that stuff to be a fight to get into alot of decent rifles, unless you have a sloppy old rem chamber or something similar.

T3 is still the best quality 'budget' priced rifle on the market, in my opinion. Not perfect, or everyone's cup of tea though. But that's life.
    Bryan, Matt2308 and PERRISCICABA like this.
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dfmaisey View Post
    More likely to be ammo problem, rather than short headspace on the rifle. I have found some tikka/sakos with tight headspace in .223 rem, but never on standard '308' case cartridges.

If he was using that cheap Yugoslav factory ammo that is the most likely problem. Brass on that stuff is usually not sized down properly. Have found that stuff to be a fight to get into alot of decent rifles, unless you have a sloppy old rem chamber or something similar.

T3 is still the best quality 'budget' priced rifle on the market, in my opinion. Not perfect, or everyone's cup of tea though. But that's life.
    I didn't want to bag out the ammo on here but thats exactly what it was .but in saying that we fed the same stuff through A Remington and had no dramas which I would put down to the sloppy action .had same problem with the A7 action.3 packet ammo deals are the real problem

Hey a family member had this exact same problem crop up and he was using factory ammo in a tikka.

I told him that you might need to take the bolt apart and give it a clean as mine had rust on the inside of the bolt body when it was new. So he did, and said it was absolutely filled with shit.

Problem solved, clean your gun properly. Will be interested to see what the cause of your problem is.

Also a lot to be said for lubing the locking lugs, a lot of people don't know you need to use it with stainless. I just use the blue marine? grease or copper cote if its handy

SiB
    Comments re shit inside ones bolt noted. I confess I've never pulled mine apart... I find mine is very hard to decock. Is the technique on line/paper anywhere? I'm a reader not so much watcher of you tube.

Si
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfmaisey View Post

seen some ppu ammo not feed in a tikka and rem

Easy as bro. Just get a small allen key or nail.
    1 twist plastic away from handle. Do not slip into the big slot!
    2 plastic will pull off easy
    3 insert allen key in between the pin and cocked indicator
    4 twist it back past the locating notch into the big slot. You will notice now what the allen key does
    5 pull off handle
    6 all will be free7 reverse process to get back in.

Tip dont remove the allen key or you will have some fun. Once you have it its a 2 second job
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  969.5 KB
Views: 783
Size:  355.6 KB
Views: 740
Size:  349.8 KB
Views: 790
Size:  404.7 KB
Views: 1158
Size:  417.3 KB
Views: 819
Size:  384.4 KB
    Last edited by Gibo; 07-09-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Cheers for the input guys, A bit of shit in the action I think - shot alright in the weekend
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Shot alright in the weekend
    I know of a different T3 that hit more targets and didn't have any misfires or similar...... just saying