Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Suppressor advice sort

Suppressor advice sort

Hey team, after taking the new 7mm08 out earlier in the week and experiencing it full noise dispatching a pig I’m keen on some advice around over barrel suppressors. I’d normally stick earplugs in if I had time but unfortunately the shot had to be taken quickly. Keen on any suggestions or thoughts, I’m fairly sold on over barrel not can on the end. And thoughts around what prices are good, operating to a tight budget with second child on the way and wifey finishing up work soon.
    Cheers guys
    Nick

I’ve owned/used both Gunworks and dpt. Both very good IMO. I actually prefer the dpt on account of size.
    bigbear likes this.

Dpt excellent product.
    Is your rifle already threaded? If not the odd 2nd hand dpt 7mm pops up at every now and again a reasonable price here and on TM then get it threaded to suit

DPT are the way to go. Service is awesome and their suppressors are great value for money. All my hunting rifles wear one. The dog appreciates them too!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I prefer to not use suppressors. But have 4 that I use in competitions etc, or when teaching kids. I like the DPT a lot, excellent suppressors, well made, and you have the advantage of being able to add baffles if needed. Gunworks have been in the game a long time and make very good suppressors, and they keep things quiet. A bit bigger maybe, a bit longer usually, but almost indestructible. Suggest you call and see Amanda at Gunworks and tell her what you want to achieve, and your situation, and she may very well have something secondhand that will fit the bill. And if your rifle aint threaded youre probably gonna need to take it to Gunworks to have that done anyway.
    Micky Duck likes this.

your in chch...take it to gunworks....if in north island would say DPT....there isnt much in it weight or length wise either way...I actually PREFER the balance with gunworks over the dpt as it has more of its small weight closer to hands...again not much in it.

My preference is Hardy,
    They are a little more expensive than DPT but for that you get greater sound reduction and less forward projection on the end of your barrel.

My 2 levers both run Hardy Gen V and Gen VI Compact suppressors, only 80mm forward and 290 grams.
    I share a Hardy Gen V Stealth between a 223 and a 243 Bolt actions which is 150mm forward and 425 gr.

Rod and Rifle Suppressor test 2017/18
    https://d347awuzx0kdse.cloudfront.ne...b01d144f6995df

Z
    Last edited by ZQLewis; 24-03-2021 at 12:27 PM.

I've had most of them, DPT hard to beat performance, weight, quality and price. Finding A-Tec quite good too.
    veitnamcam and dannyb like this.

I'd still go DPT personally nice to be able to open it up and you can add and remove baffles to suit making it very versatile. They have also done the best job I've had done in terms of threading I've had done except for when Robbie was still around.

I've only had one suppressor fail and it was a Hardy. I definitely wouldnt buy another can from them after I was pretty much told it couldn't have been their fault even though heaps of cams of there's gave them the nickname the Hardy time bomb... Also the test above was run in Conjunction with Hardy if I remember right (not saying anything other than there is potential it could lead to slanted results). Also some manufacturers have changed models. I do however believe they have had a change in terms of costumer relations since I last dealt with them.
    tikka likes this.

Another vote for dpt
    Atec is better but not a budget conscious option.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I have both DPT magnum on the 7mm and gunworks on the 308. Both excellent suppressors. The only thing that is annoying about the DPT is i got a 1/2 by 20 and it will start to un screw itself when firing a lot of rounds sighting in. At the range sighting in, wonder why i cant shoot any more and find the suppressor is coming loose. Should have asked foe 14 by 1 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfern View Post
    I have both DPT magnum on the 7mm and gunworks on the 308. Both excellent suppressors. The only thing that is annoying about the DPT is i got a 1/2 by 20 and it will start to un screw itself when firing a lot of rounds sighting in. At the range sighting in, wonder why i cant shoot any more and find the suppressor is coming loose. Should have asked foe 14 by 1 or something.
    That's odd never had that issue how tight is your rear bushing I had mine on a AR and never had any issue

DPT gets my vote. I’ve had a few now and just can’t fault them. My 260 came with a Hardy compact and although there’s nothing wrong with it my first impressions were that I would swap it back to a DPT. Also, with a DPT you can make it quieter by adding baffles. Suppressors like the Hardy stealth get a lot of extra sound reduction through having more muzzle forward length. If this is what you desire then simply add baffles to your DPT to match this length and bingo it will be in the same ballpark. After sales service from DPT will keep
    you happy too.
    Stocky likes this.

It might be time we got a forum discount when buying from DPT with the amount advertising
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

Need to read what Dean Maisey wrote about suppressor test I always was a bit suspicious about results and the meter wasn’t even correct