Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Delphus
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Bill999
  • 1 Post By TeRei
  • 8 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By ZQLewis

Thread: Suppressor length

Suppressor length

Just a little point of interest for those that care. Maniatis supp is just less than an inch shorter than a standard mk2 DPT. Slimmer too so less visible through the scope on low mag. Comes in at about the same weight. I’ll have a little compare when I next go to the range to see if there is much of a difference in sound levels.

Name:  F148CC39-F62A-4855-ADAF-A1B1EBC59734.jpeg
Views: 588
Size:  2.36 MBName:  FEDB8F47-3C59-4C00-A253-B7F05DF7A64E.jpeg
Views: 591
Size:  2.22 MB

I’m picking you mean rifle over all length is shorter huh? Which model is it mate? I was put off when trying to be pushed in a model I thought was to big for the calibre I believe they are very quiet though be following to see how it shoots cheers

Yep sorry overall rifle length is shorter. I’m not sure what model it is sorry, I bought it off @Dreamer
    Kelton likes this.

What model is that? Alpine Lite?

tis a funny thing how one mans pleasure is another mans poison...
    ever since I looked through a leupold 1-4 vari some 37ish years ago and saw rifle barrel in bottom of scope....Ive loved the idea, its like shotgunning when in a hurry.....
    its only just there on low power and never takes up more than 1/4 at very worst of total view.....
    overall length is funny too......I had a dpt can and gunworks spartan,the skinny one and the middle fatness one...of them all the longest skinniest one suits me best as there is little bit more weight back towards action compared to other two...and overall length is within and inch between them all....
    they all sound similar.... I believe a lot of folks get all hung up on the little things,tiny bit of extra length or weight is bugger all in grand scheme of things.
    just shoot the thing and enjoy the sport.... any can is better than none....
    gregdudehunter and Delphus like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber 7mm-08 View Post
    What model is that? Alpine Lite?
    Yeah that rings a bell!

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    ever since I looked through a leupold 1-4 vari some 37ish years ago and saw rifle barrel in bottom of scope....Ive loved the idea, its like shotgunning when in a hurry.....
    its only just there on low power and never takes up more than 1/4 at very worst of total view.....
    overall length is funny too......I had a dpt can and gunworks spartan,the skinny one and the middle fatness one...of them all the longest skinniest one suits me best as there is little bit more weight back towards action compared to other two...and overall length is within and inch between them all....
    they all sound similar.... I believe a lot of folks get all hung up on the little things,tiny bit of extra length or weight is bugger all in grand scheme of things.
    Yeah for supersonic stuff there’s only a whisker between the better ones and it comes down to what sacrifices you are willing to put up with,
    I hate the suppressor in the scope and basically I turn my low power scopes up enough to just get rid of it as I find it distracting but I’m going to try your idea of thinking of it like a shotgun and maybe put a dot of white on the top of my suppressor like a bead and see if I can speed things up for snap shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Yeah each to their own eh. I tend to use gear and try it out. If its not quite right I get rid of it and try something else until I find something that fits the purpose I have in mind. Over the last few years I have slowly found bits and pieces of kit that i liked. Once I find something I do like thats pretty much it, no need to keep looking.

The gunworks suppressors were adequate, but I found the length annoying. It just irritated me. You are right that in the grand scheme of things whats a couple of inches (insert penis joke here) I found it made the rifle just feel too long. I was and am pretty happy with the DPT. I found the Maniatis and liked the design. Like the gunworks it comes further back (bringing the balance with it) but without the extra couple of inches further forward the gunworks has.

I also like having two different branded suppressors for my two rifles. Now theres no way I will accidentally put my .223 DPT on my 708

the difference between DPT and gunworks spartan isnt couple of inches,its less than an inch more forward.... but agree completely the tiny bit of weight back closer to stock seems to make balance feel better....
    I put skinny spartan on the new howa and love it.....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Had Gunworks [from original], Hardy and DPT but the DPT mK 11 is a real step up noise wise. Friwi got us there.
    Micky Duck likes this.

When I posted online about my latest rifle build I had Maniatis message me, criticising my choice to go with a DPT suppressor and suggesting to get one of his. He then went on to essentially slander DPTs product in attempt to sell his own. Whether they are good or not (there's a reason I chose DPT) that behaviour is enough to steer me clear. We have some awesome products being made here in NZ so I have zero appetite for that sort stuff amongst our own.

Funny how we are different, I don't mind the barrel & suppressor being seen in my scope.
    On my bush lever rifle I run low power variables with a bottom of 1 or 1.5x and I always make a point of putting them on the lowest setting for bush hunting.
    Can shoot both eyes open and I don't notice the barrel or suppressor.
    Obviously longer shots I generally have time to wind up the magnification.
    Z
    Micky Duck likes this.

Took it to the range. I found the Maniatis noticeably louder than the dpt, more of a boom but still quiet enough to not need plugs.
    It also spread the group out a touch more than the dpt. The picture below was a rushed 3 shot group from each. As can be seen they are both spread out a bit, but the Maniatis more so. I spent more time taking care with the DPT and got easy sub moa groups, so I imagine the groupings can be tightened with the Maniatis too.
    Also note the very different POI from the same POA.
    At this stage I’ll be sticking with my DPT.

Name:  73EEB0E6-F3BD-4984-B8C6-7A8DE7103ECD.jpeg
Views: 282
Size:  2.78 MB