Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06
  • 1 Post By Mooseman
  • 1 Post By andyanimal31

Thread: Swaro dS 5-25x52 P

Banned

Swaro dS 5-25x52 P

Wow,this is next level ain't it?
    just came across some vids and info on these.
    38 oz though,40mm tube.
    So who's using one?

I set up 3 of the very first ones to come in the country a few years ago on some mates rifles. I have seen one die. I have one guy sell his when they replaced it as it happened on a trip as it left him with a heavy duplex scope zeroed at 100m. He changed to Zeiss balistic Binos and a Zeiss dial scope. The other 2 still use theirs. They are definitely the best of the rangefinder scopes. I’ve got mixed opinions. I think the ballistics could be better. Having a drop chart on the app would help get trajectories sorted quicker. It involves adjusting velocity, re pair then reshoot, then adjust and re calibrate then reshoot. They aren’t a true long range scope. Really only a medium hunting range. I do like the FFP illuminated reticle design though. But the further out you go the lower in the scope picture you aim. Image is pretty good. Yes they are bulky. The turret adjustment sucks for zeroing. They are fast and when working good are quick as it works independently.
    Would I spend 5-6000 on one, no I’d buy a any other high quality dial scope and a kestrel. But what ever smokes your tyres.
    planenutz likes this.

Next level indeed - really cool.

I have looked at these and tried to weigh up the pros and cons but right now for what I do, I just don't really need a scope with that magnification range so it means I would need to justify it in other ways. Therefore it comes back to functionality and then the question is: "Are you going to be able to use it with your mobile devices in 10 years from now?" You can be sure the scope will still work but will it be compatible with the technology we will be using? Its a lot of money to commit when technology moves so fast.

But next level for sure.

Have tried one on mates 7mm rem mag, it’s game changer indeed! Once input the cartridge data, aim through the scope press the button and fire. Easy and fast, no rangefinder no ballistic app needed means less deer run away when you are preparing for the shot.
    Heavy and expensive tho.

I still prefer my Nxs and Swaro x5 dial scopes ��

Brother-in law has one and loves it, it sits well on The Carbonlight and even though it is rather big it balances out well on the Sako. Very quick to range your target and get a
    shot away, much faster than normal dial up. Picture of the set up and a Rusa Stag he took with it.

Name:  P1030120.JPG
Views: 451
Size:  3.66 MB
    superdiver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Brother-in law has one and loves it, it sits well on The Carbonlight and even though it is rather big it balances out well on the Sako. Very quick to range your target and get a
    shot away, much faster than normal dial up. Picture of the set up and a Rusa Stag he took with it.

Attachment 157916
    Fark....is that in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    I set up 3 of the very first ones to come in the country a few years ago on some mates rifles. I have seen one die. I have one guy sell his when they replaced it as it happened on a trip as it left him with a heavy duplex scope zeroed at 100m. He changed to Zeiss balistic Binos and a Zeiss dial scope. The other 2 still use theirs. They are definitely the best of the rangefinder scopes. I’ve got mixed opinions. I think the ballistics could be better. Having a drop chart on the app would help get trajectories sorted quicker. It involves adjusting velocity, re pair then reshoot, then adjust and re calibrate then reshoot. They aren’t a true long range scope. Really only a medium hunting range. I do like the FFP illuminated reticle design though. But the further out you go the lower in the scope picture you aim. Image is pretty good. Yes they are bulky. The turret adjustment sucks for zeroing. They are fast and when working good are quick as it works independently.
    Would I spend 5-6000 on one, no I’d buy a any other high quality dial scope and a kestrel. But what ever smokes your tyres.
    Yep you cant beat a high end dialer and a kestrel!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    tikka likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!