Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Swaro x5i scopes

Swaro x5i scopes

Hey team,

Need some advice.. looking at a long range hunting scope and have a few in mind such as a nightforce nxs 5.5-22 or what ever they are. Am limited to 50mm objective due to the set up I have and am not wanting to alter the current set up. Want something relatively light weight. I can’t use leupold as the tube length is too short for my set up so my nx8 is also out of the picture. Anyone used the x5i 3-18? Thoughts over a nightforce? Or are there any other scopes I should be looking that you guys would recommend?

Cheers,

Ant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man, Have a look at the sighton s3 scopes.
    they are well under rated and perform great
    57jl likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Gkp
    The x5 are a beautiful scope, the only thing that I didn't like was the massive elevation knob. I prefer the nightforce nx8 4-32x50 for the ease of use

X5 only comes in SFP if thats an issue for you.
    Could consider the Vortex AMG.

What about your set up is limiting you? Can you not get a different ring/mount set up?

I just purchased a Swarovski 3.5-18 x44 installed on the top of my Tikka T3x. No shots fired yet but it looks great, lightweight, beautiful clear optics. I got the ballistic turret model, I have just had a play with that and been into the Swarovski ballistic calculator for my 6.5 Creedmore. This looks to be a great system. Cant wait to try it.
    Harryg likes this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Not used a swaro, but the ziess v6 are nice - great glass and light, is that an option

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    I just purchased a Swarovski 3.5-18 x44 installed on the top of my Tikka T3x. No shots fired yet but it looks great, lightweight, beautiful clear optics. I got the ballistic turret model, I have just had a play with that and been into the Swarovski ballistic calculator for my 6.5 Creedmore. This looks to be a great system. Cant wait to try it.
    When funds allow it's the scope I want to but on my 7rem mag.
    There been a few sold on here lately but to buy second hand for $1800, when new is $2090, only thing you are saving is the gst on new price
    "you belong somewhere you feel free"-Tom Petty

Have had a couple Swarovski x5, not the x5i and a couple of night force nxs. I would say the Swarovski x5 have the best dialing turret( solid 、 clear clicks)and glasses I have ever put my hands on. They do have FFP models I think. I use it one my long range hunting rig, so SFP is all good for me.
    The Nightforce nxs has less positive clicks for the turret and the glasses is not the same level as the swaro x5, But both of them are tracking 100% spot on. The x5 weight at about 800g and the nxs at about 900g. Nx8 for me is the nxs with the better glasses.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

My dilemma is that I’m wanting to run either the talleys or Hawkins rings but the distances on the rings is just a touch too long so was looking at the x5 as this is going to be a long range rig so need some decent moa to dial to get out to range

Quote Originally Posted by Antwalsh View Post

My dilemma is that I’m wanting to run either the talleys or Hawkins rings but the distances on the rings is just a touch too long so was looking at the x5 as this is going to be a long range rig so need some decent moa to dial to get out to range

I'd think the Vortex AMG would be your best bet for a long scope but with 30mm tube, relatively lightweight too.
    If you go to 34mm rings there will be a lot more options as far a longer OAL scopes go.

Name:  438F8C2C-639C-4666-AB56-C142646A367D.jpeg
Views: 644
Size:  5.34 MB
    You can’t go wrong with either of them, shoot with confidence!
    Antwalsh and Gibbstl like this.

@Antwalsh just chuck an nxs on it. i have the 5.5-22x50 and the fits my rifle with defiance rebel and hawkins rings. The fits well on the tube. that nx8 is a problem child on that rifle even if it fit the eye relief would be an issue. The swaro get good reviews from what i have seen. That turret almost needs some 45 degree bracing though.

Name:  IMG_2608.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  81.0 KB
    camo wsm and Antwalsh like this.

March are pretty good mag range vs weight. I have a 2.5-25x52 on my Kimber MA.

Name:  20210312_183037.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  1.52 MB

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    March are pretty good mag range vs weight. I have a 2.5-25x52 on my Kimber MA.

Attachment 163721
    Quite short mounting length, which is his main issue