Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarvo

Thread: Swarovski 10x42 EL Range - Value

Gone But Not Forgotten

Swarovski 10x42 EL Range - Value

I'm seriously thinking of selling my Swarovski 10x42 Range. They're the latest FP model.

Reason is I rarely use them. Bought them after I had a couple of eye operations. They're absolutely mint, not the faintest mark anywhere. The view is amazing through them and the built in rangefinder very easy to use. I have a thermal imager so use that instead of binos.

They've come down in price to just under $4,100 new so not sure what they'd be worth. Does anyone have any realistic idea what they'd be worth 2nd hand? For those that feel the need to post childish offers about price please try and refrain yourself.

I'd say $3500-3600.

Anything more and people would probably be inclined to buy new.

I've sold two pairs of mint condition Leica HD-B Geovids over the past couple years and they're in a similar ballpark (pricewise) to the EL range. Got $3400 for one and $3650 for the other.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks Frodo.

@Frodo pretty well on the mark - he has had a bit of experience in selling a few

Yes - they were crica 4800-4900 then nzammo got sidetracked out of the picture
    These were 3945$ new immediately after that stabbing in the back to nzammo
    I predicted the new boys would start to "sneak" the retail price back up - which they have done over last 8-10 months

Trade Me will sting you $250 fees - so give then a shot on here ASAP as be good timing to do so.
    Do you have the LRF Thermal model (Accolade Rangefinder)
    I have one and found it great for distance accessing - as judging distance - even in terrain I know - I find very difficult with Thermal
    Frodo likes this.

HB.
    I’ve just bought a good second hand pair and paid $3500 and was happy to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk