Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Swarovski bino failure again

I know a dog that started an organic coffee store

Swarovski bino failure again

Last month I had a set of swaro slc 10x42 Binos replaced shortly after buying as they developed a defect in one of the lens black spot no worries shit happens they got replaced move on..

Fast forward second time out with replacement set ( 5 day tahr trip week off work lots of planning\organising and excitement)
    Day 2 hinge/bridge section starts to get loose
    By they end of the day they had got so loose they wouldnt hold position and you couldn’t see through them as the barrels where not aligned correctly seeing double big rings just a nightmare unusable poped the cap of the front of the hinge to look there was nothing that could be done to get them sorted while out the back
    Massive letdown when I needed them most
    With 3 days left of the trip i tryed numerous times wrapping insulation tape around the body and taped an empty bullet case between the barrels that if you held just right you could look through and see one image untill you adjusted or moved then had to start the process again ultimately gave up and left them In the pack for the rest of the trip don’t know how I didn’t throw them off the mountain rage meter was at 11

Back in to the retailer all very sorry never seen this in my all the years/this never happens unbelievable blah blah
    They Have offered full replacement again
    All well and good but it doesn’t do much to for ya when your looking to be on your 3rd set in 3months and been left hanging for 3days in the hills.

just putting my experience out there for some honest feedback to anyone looking at this particular model may not be as good as they are cracked up to be or I may be the unluckiest Swarovski customer ever regretful purchase for me anyway.

Cheers
    veitnamcam, 308, Woody and 3 others like this.

Leica :-)
    7mmsaum likes this.

Eyes are open again 👌🏻

Starting to wonder if NZ Swaro are the cheapest in the World for a reason ??
    Micky Duck likes this.

Name:  D6B98621-3F92-4B54-A0C0-616BAF0FFB5B.jpeg
Views: 609
Size:  1.66 MB
    Gibo, Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Name:  6131AEBC-62F8-44E5-9AD4-CABAED4753E6.jpeg
Views: 592
Size:  1.73 MB

How old are they
    3 months ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    How old are they
    3 months ??
    I had these exchanged about 1 month ago been in the field for 1 day before this trip

How frustrating. I'd of felt like heaving them too.

Is this really true?

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    Is this really true?
    Yes NZ and Aust have the cheapest Swaro product in the world. I don’t like their price fixing tactics in ANZ but they have done the right thing price wise.
    I have had Leica failures as well so I don’t think you can ‘damn’ a brand on the basis of this experience. I have had multiple Swaro products over the last 35 years ( and still do) and overall I would say quality and reliability is very good.
    Along with other quality brands in my safe I have 6 or 7 Swaro scopes, 2 pairs of binocs (SLC and EL’s) and a BTX Spotting Scope. Keep the faith.
    10-Ring and caberslash like this.

I guess that's a good thing in terms of customer service support though. Our local store wont stock Leica anymore because of on-going customer support issues as opposed to good service support from Swarovski.

Quote Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
    Yes NZ and Aust have the cheapest Swaro product in the world. I don’t like their price fixing tactics in ANZ but they have done the right thing price wise.
    I have had Leica failures as well so I don’t think you can ‘damn’ a brand on the basis of this experience. I have had multiple Swaro products over the last 35 years ( and still do) and overall I would say quality and reliability is very good.
    Along with other quality brands in my safe I have 6 or 7 Swaro scopes, 2 pairs of binocs (SLC and EL’s) and a BTX Spotting Scope. Keep the faith.
    Yes all brands have a % that fault
    I know of a Geovid that is heading back with a floating hair in the tube :-(
    But - Re Swaro - I are hearing a growing # of comments saying the quality is not what it was say 5 - 10 years ago
    Are they still made & "assembled" in Austria ???

Mine are still away being repaired my third Swarovski item that I've had sent back lucky they gave me a loan pair as they got sent away early February.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Never ends well when a commercial vendor starts bagging the other guys product on here.
    ebf, Stocky and Southcity like this.