Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Swarovski EL range

Swarovski EL range

I’m considering upgrading my binos. I’m thinking EL range 10x42. I don’t need that tracking function though. Anyone in particular I should be talking too regarding deals etc

Use it or not the EL TA is gold I wouldn’t buy the older EL just because they tweaked the new model for the user as for deals can’t help sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Use it or not the EL TA is gold I wouldn’t buy the older EL just because they tweaked the new model for the user as for deals can’t help sorry
    You’ve got the el ta ? What were you using previously?

Leica geovids stand alone leica range finder Leupold rangefinder and the best of the lot stand alone and most recent was the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Leica geovids stand alone leica range finder Leupold rangefinder and the best of the lot stand alone and most recent was the sig
    Yeah. I’ve been using geovids since 2009. A good upgrade then ?

Sure is mate

Stacy and the team at Hamils Tauranga would be worth a chat.
    Nathan F and Steelo like this.

I recently got to upgrade from my HD-B Geovids to the new Swaro EL TA setup. My honest first impressions were that they were not that natural in the hands, definitely preferred the geovids in this regard. I also find the eye box very fussy to my face and I have to have them almost exactly in the right position to avoid shading in the bottom half of my picture. This is very much an individual thing though as we are all different. Those two things aside I am rapt with them and the glass quality and functions available are bloody awesome.
    Nathan F likes this.

Do the new ELs have Bluetooth function to switch between loads?

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post

Yip
    hotsoup likes this.

Apparently they do .

So you can have 2x rifles with 2x different loads programmed into the binos and easily switch between the 2?

I'm finding it a pain in the ass to change custom loads on my Geovids via MICROSD and a laptop.

I better start doing some research. Apparently the new Leica pros have this feature I'm referencing

Ultimately this is what I'm after, as I use 2x different rifles depending on location

So you can have 2x rifles with 2x different loads programmed into the binos and easily switch between the 2?

I'm finding it a pain in the ass to change custom loads on my Geovids via MICROSD and a laptop.

I better start doing some research. Apparently the new Leica pros have this feature I'm referencing

Ultimately this is what I'm after, as I use 2x different rifles depending on location
    It’s either 5 or 9 loads you can have saved and switch between I think it’s 5 and the zeiss was 9 I looked at both irrelevant for me at the minute as my 2nd rifles still in the making il have a look now
    hotsoup likes this.

Interesting. My mate has the latest Zeiss,he finds the Bluetooth app a real pain to work with..

Just checked it’s 3 mate the zeiss must have being either 5 or 9 I think it was 9 which for some people would be awesome but il never own 9 rifles unfortunately
    hotsoup likes this.