Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: SWAROVSKI OPTIK - dS

SWAROVSKI OPTIK - dS

I want one but I bet it will cost more than a small low mileage s/h car

veitnamcam, 199p and LOC like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Very clever....

R93
    Nice. But yeah it would at least cost the year's wages of a blind gynecologist

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    hotsoup likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Caretaker
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Ouch. So all that clever tech hurts the light transmission. Standard z5 is a 90%. this is at 83%

Intresting, I would like to have a play with one, not sure how keen, don't like batteries on scopes, one more thing to go wrong,
    Not aviable in USA or Canada, pity as I have a ten year safety award, due in May, and can pick pretty much what I want, (one of the perks, of running your own business) looking at a ATS or ATX 65mm spotter.
    I might ask if there is a demo model about, I can get a loan of.
    25 year Swarovski sale, on at the moment in Canada, smoking deals on optics, 20-40% off, Picked up a Z5 3x18x44 BT,for my self for Xmas, $1650. cad, (1750)Nz, and just, put a deposit down, on a Z5i for my sako 6PPC, target rifle,

Yes very nice.......but when can we get one.... this year....... probably next....maybe.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Intresting, I would like to have a play with one, not sure how keen, don't like batteries on scopes, one more thing to go wrong,
    Not aviable in USA or Canada, pity as I have a ten year safety award, due in May, and can pick pretty much what I want, (one of the perks, of running your own business) looking at a ATS or ATX 65mm spotter.
    I might ask if there is a demo model about, I can get a loan of.
    25 year Swarovski sale, on at the moment in Canada, smoking deals on optics, 20-40% off, Picked up a Z5 3x18x44 BT,for my self for Xmas, $1650. cad, (1750)Nz, and just, put a deposit down, on a Z5i for my sako 6PPC, target rifle,
    What store are you going through?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Ha ha the "Ëuro answer to the Burrs Eliminator" and still a totally impractical turd. Really. Who the fucks seriously going to "hunt" with a 1kg+ scope.
    Clever, yes. Practical, never.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Ha ha the "Ëuro answer to the Burrs Eliminator" and still a totally impractical turd. Really. Who the fucks seriously going to "hunt" with a 1kg+ scope.
    I dunno. I can rather see you dressed in a tie and jacket using one of those like in the vid.

I thought that the juxtaposition between the old world traditions of clinker boat and tweed and the new world technology rather strange. Sad, almost.

He's hunting in a shirt and tie because he has to work straight after the hunt to pay off the scope
    veitnamcam, R93, Pengy and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Me. My NXS is almost a kilo. I'd far rather have a good quality scope with high magnification and reliable dialling than a small, light, low magnification number just because it's light. Plenty of other places where weight can be saved.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Me. My NXS is almost a kilo. I'd far rather have a good quality scope with high magnification and reliable dialling than a small, light, low magnification number just because it's light. Plenty of other places where weight can be saved.
    No, not really. A ultrlight rifle with a submarine pig on top is still useless.
    The Z5 is the opposite, light and crisp with a mushy BT turret.
    The NXS is OK if you're Chris Kyle, but mediocre if you don't have a Hummer to lug it everywhere.
    Savage1 and Danny like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Price in Europe is around E3900... thats about NZ $ 5700ish so it will be north of $8k once all the usual sharks have added their margin