Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06

Thread: Swarovski Rangefinder Scope

Swarovski Rangefinder Scope

Name:  D5640796-0F64-4C48-87D9-BEFA8EDAC899.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  2.68 MB
    I had a friend of mine drop off his new Proof Reserch Terminus rifle to refit his Swaro DS to. It was previously on a Eastcoast arms built rifle that had a shocking rem700 action as the mounts didn’t line up well and ended up zeroing the scope 3” at 100m from the far edge of scope adjustments.
    Being a defiance action and all true. The reticle needed straightening up too from the previous action.
    The picture above shows the new proof terminus 300wm against my phenoix (early defiance) action proof barrel 338 edge.
    Weights are virtually the same at 9.5 lb

The Swaro Ds. I used this one a while ago as it was the first sold in the country and hadn’t seen it back. I had a play to see the limits of its useable range.
    I got it to range to 1450m easily.
    The ballistics will work to 1000m, I’m still not convinced 💯 reliable in the data yet though.
    It’s a 25x top magnification scope.
    At 1000m you would be on 13x with the trajectory of this rifle to be able to take a shot. Using 25x to about 500m.
    You would be using the bottom 1/3 Of the scope where the reticle crosshair illuminates. Think of a A4 German reticle and when the thick starts that’s as far as you can use it. But the digital hold mark is 1st focal plane so it moves up on lower mag and down on higher mag. Also growing and shrinking in width to keep the wind marks calibrated accurately.
    If the animal moves and you need to re range then you must go back the center crosshair to rerange the target.
    I will post back up when he comes with some ammo to retune the ballistic software to about 750m.
    tikka likes this.

I had one of these in my hands a couple of months ago.
    I don't know why they they did not first focal plane on everything to simplify the system. Maybe that American hunting market which is still stuck on second focal plane?