Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By BRADS
  • 2 Post By HNTMAD

Thread: Swarovski z5 problem

  1. #1
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    1,580

    Swarovski z5 problem

    Just brought off here and the turret is Jamed any ideas cheers

  2. #2
    Member BRADS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    8,223
    Send it back.

  3. #3
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    1,580
    Trying lol

  4. #4
    Member HNTMAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wairarapa
    Posts
    1,872
    i own one and cant remember what the warranty is!! the wholesaler is generally pretty good, let me know if you want me to contact them, they are local and i do spend some time there
    199p and BRADS like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

  5. #5
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    1,580
    Cool thanks man I did ring them but they didn't Realy Wana know about it

  6. #6
    Member zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    Cool thanks man I did ring them but they didn't Realy Wana know about it
    Mate's Z5 parallax knob seized recently. Didn't buy it locally but NZ agent "offered" to manage the "warranty" for him for150 bucks. I am not sure if the 150 included shipping cost to Europe or not. He politely declined their offer.
    The scope is virtually unused and the operation of parallax knob felt like something was galling. He gently continued to operate it but it eventually seized. Didn't want to risk forcing it so started the warranty process. Week later gave it one last try and amazingly is slowly came right - without forcing it. Not good though for a scope of this quality!

  7. #7
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    1,580
    Hope it wasn't moose272 lol come on man

  8. #8
    Member zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    Hope it wasn't moose272 lol come on man
    Nope not moose272

  9. #9
    Member HNTMAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wairarapa
    Posts
    1,872
    What is the original purchase date?? @buzzman oh and where was it originally purchased??
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

  10. #10
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    6,031
    I posted a z3 scope direct back to their service department for a rebuild. Couldn't be bothered stuffing around through the agent although I did purchase it through him.
    Took about 16 weeks for it to return but it was a complete rebuild of a bent scope and it cost $700 NZ. I was pleased with that. Better than chucking it in the dump and I basicaaly got a new scope for $800 including postage.

    If you do send it direct, include instructions and advise them of your preferred method of payment. Repeat in an email, and they will let you know the cost when it's ready to freight and you send them your card details.

    I sent the card details in 2 seperate emails. Half in each. It was my own form of security not sure if it would deter a hacker but I felt better about it.

  11. #11
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    1,580
    Thanks for comments sending it back to moose272 hopefully will come to the party cheers

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    3,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I posted a z3 scope direct back to their service department for a rebuild. Couldn't be bothered stuffing around through the agent although I did purchase it through him.
    Took about 16 weeks for it to return but it was a complete rebuild of a bent scope and it cost $700 NZ. I was pleased with that. Better than chucking it in the dump and I basicaaly got a new scope for $800 including postage.

    If you do send it direct, include instructions and advise them of your preferred method of payment. Repeat in an email, and they will let you know the cost when it's ready to freight and you send them your card details.

    I sent the card details in 2 seperate emails. Half in each. It was my own form of security not sure if it would deter a hacker but I felt better about it.
    Why not just put in a contents claim and get a new scope for the cost the excess?

  13. #13
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    6,031
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Why not just put in a contents claim and get a new scope for the cost the excess?
    Yeah. That's how it sort of ended up.

    The point I was making was that going direct to the factory does work.

  14. #14
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    1,580
    Sounds like it was my fault and it needs a 20moa base and I over adjusted it scope all good fingers crossed

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Problem
    By Neckshot in forum Off topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-12-2013, 06:23 AM
  2. Out foxing a problem
    By Ackley in forum Varminting and Small Game Hunting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 18-04-2013, 08:11 PM
  4. Dog with a little problem
    By Chris in forum Hunting Dogs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 08:15 PM
  5. Dog with a little problem
    By Chris in forum Dogs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!