Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: T3 300wm 10 shot mag kit

T3 300wm 10 shot mag kit

T3 300 win mag 10 shot AI mag with CDI bottom metal kit and about to be modified Bell & Carlson stock.

Purchased a S/S T3 of Reloaders a few weeks ago then ordered the CDI kit with some 10 shot AI mags, they arrived in the post today. After I purchased the rifle I hunted around for a B & C stock, it took a while to track one down but managed to get one in NZ at a unlikely place.

Will drop the stock of on Monday to the machinist for him to attack it with the mill, not a lot of material to be removed, a lot less the the 308's standard stock I did 6 months ago.

Those horse's and Donkey's in the NT are going to get caning in August
    Name:  20130615_162125.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  185.2 KB

Name:  20130615_162211.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  237.7 KB
    Name:  20130615_162321.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  289.1 KB

I have had a Vortex scope on order from the US for several months, they have promised a delivery late June, if it doesn't turn up by the I'll be fitting a Bushnell tactical scope to it, will post a few pics when assembled.
    7mmsaum and geezejonesy like this.

are those 10 shot mags a straight clip in replacement for the standard mag? currently only have 3 shot mag for my 300 and looking for another mag. gunworks do the factory 4 shot ones for $165. what are the 10s worth. cheers, scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    are those 10 shot mags a straight clip in replacement for the standard mag? currently only have 3 shot mag for my 300 and looking for another mag. gunworks do the factory 4 shot ones for $165. what are the 10s worth. cheers, scott
    No they are Accuracy International mags, they don't fit standard Tikkas, you'll need the CDI bottom metal kit, the AI mags are a couple hundy each. Basically the bottom plate assy and two mags are about half the cost of a new Tikka??

ouch. looks cool though might just get another tikka one for now... need to spend more on a better scope.

Man Id love just a simple double stack floor plate that fits in my tikka standard stock

You have to wonder when someone will 3D print a large capacity mag and parts to fit a standard tikka cheaply.
    At least with the AI mags you are not limited by OAL like a standard mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Man Id love just a simple double stack floor plate that fits in my tikka standard stock
    How hard would it be for someone to make?
    VIVA LA HOWA

possibly could fit one ment for another rifle, an older tikka or rem700 maybe

hows a tikka feed with a double stack?

was this your Birthday present for the other day 300wm ooops did i say that out loud?
    hope you had a great day just the same
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by geezejonesy View Post
    was this your Birthday present for the other day 300wm ooops did i say that out loud?
    hope you had a great day just the same
    Thanks Jonesey, Na that was just another day to me, I suffer from CBD (compulsive buying disorder) money burns a hole in my pocket if it sits there too long.
    It's the 3rd 300wm in the safe & 4th 30cal

Just getting geared up for snotting mobs of 20 - 30 pigs, Donkeys and Horsey's without having to reload a 5 shot mag in the heat of battle. Last year it was a pain in the arse. This kind of stuff really suits my AR10 but they have silly gun laws in Aussie.

Nothing is shot at over 250yds just because there are to many trees and obstacles in the way, most shot at between 20 - 200 yds.
    I won't eclipse last years record this time around, taking my time and going for shot placement - between or thru the ears, last year went thru to much ammo with follow up shots with what I reckon was to lighter pill (150gr) this year is 308 - 168gr Amax's and 300wm - 180gr.

I'm hoping I have all the I's dotted and T's crossed with the import/export of firearms into Aust, the Aussie cops have been good but Aussie Customs Dept have bombarded me with paperwok. If I get back to NZ successfully and not locked up I will post a "How to" to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Thanks Jonesey, Na that was just another day to me, I suffer from CBD (compulsive buying disorder) money burns a hole in my pocket if it sits there too long.
    It's the 3rd 300wm in the safe & 4th 30cal

Just getting geared up for snotting mobs of 20 - 30 pigs, Donkeys and Horsey's without having to reload a 5 shot mag in the heat of battle. Last year it was a pain in the arse. This kind of stuff really suits my AR10 but they have silly gun laws in Aussie.

Nothing is shot at over 250yds just because there are to many trees and obstacles in the way, most shot at between 20 - 200 yds.
    I won't eclipse last years record this time around, taking my time and going for shot placement - between or thru the ears, last year went thru to much ammo with follow up shots with what I reckon was to lighter pill (150gr) this year is 308 - 168gr Amax's and 300wm - 180gr.

I'm hoping I have all the I's dotted and T's crossed with the import/export of firearms into Aust, the Aussie cops have been good but Aussie Customs Dept have bombarded me with paperwok. If I get back to NZ successfully and not locked up I will post a "How to" to do it.
    Sounds fun, please post some pics etc after your trip.

Hope you do well.

kj

You may find that the std 5rd mags are more useful & handy in the long run , I have both 5 & 10rd 300WM mags , and the 10s are bloodly long and twice the price of the 5s as you know , the 10s do look very cool thou , but stick out a long way , as you will find out soon .

Guys use these mags for the obvious , 300WM & 7mmRM , but they also use them on 284 cal rifles as well .

Good well made kit .

Later Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    You may find that the std 5rd mags are more useful & handy in the long run , I have both 5 & 10rd 300WM mags , and the 10s are bloodly long and twice the price of the 5s as you know , the 10s do look very cool thou , but stick out a long way , as you will find out soon .

Guys use these mags for the obvious , 300WM & 7mmRM , but they also use them oin 284 cal rifles as well .

Good well made kit .

Later Chris

I forgot to mention that in the photo's above are two 5 round AI mags, I loaded the 10 round mag and they are heavy but not so much an issue as most of the shooting is from the back of a wagon or involves not a lot of walking and if there is she is flat except for 40deg heat.
    The AI mags are well made, nice pieces of kit
    She was a trade off with pockets full of ammo and 5 round mags or a couple of 10 rounders, I figure the 10 rounders will be heaps better in the kaos thats going on.
    I'll post some footage, edited of course when I get back.

If you do any prone shooting you will need to almost dig a hole , to stop the 10rd mag hitting the ground , nice kit like most AI stuff .
    Rifle looks good , enjoy it in Aus

Finally got my milled stock back from the tool maker today, I got it back a week ago but in fitting the new bottom metal to it the bolt would not pick up the rounds or if it did they jammed.
    After a few hours of thinking about it I came to the conclusion that more metal had to be removed, approx 2mm from the two faces that the bottom metal bolts thru to the action. Dropped it back to the toolmaker on Monday who knows sfa about guns, had to load a mag to show him what needs doing, all sweet and I pick it up this arfo on the way home.
    Name:  20130703_171615.jpg
Views: 3079
Size:  260.0 KB

All the shiny bits have had metal carved out, even so there is still lots of meat left compared to a standard Tikka stock.

My next problem was when I assembled the new bottom metal and loaded a mag and cycled the bolt the bolt wouldn't go all the way forward, took a couple of minutes to figure it out, because I took 2mm of the mounting block the rear action screw was protruding thru the action and catching the rear of the bolt, took the action screw out and filed 2mm off it and re-assembled it, inserted a loaded mag and she cycled spot on until the last round.

When the last round was ejected the plastic mag follower popped up and stopped the bolt going forward, simple fix, pulled the mag apart and filed a chamfer, all good. She cycles perfectly.

Name:  20130703_171905.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  237.5 KB
    Pic showing rear action screw lowered.

Name:  20130703_172300.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  152.7 KB
    Pic of standard AI mag

Name:  20130703_172229.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  155.9 KB
    Pic of chamfered mag

Next of to the range and see what she groups like, if it works out ok I'll get another B&C stock and do the 308.
    geezejonesy likes this.