Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By GWH
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum
  • 2 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum

Thread: Terminator TS Brake

Terminator TS Brake

Hi team, just wanted to know if anybody has experience with the Terminator TS Bakes?

My rifle is already threaded, can I time it with the nut on the back of the brake?

From their website, performance is somewhere between the t2 and t3. This would be great for my rem mag if I can just buy it and throw it on myself at home.

GWH
    Yep the TS is a self timer, so you can easily do it yourself as you suggest.

I believe the performance of T2 and T3 to be exactly the same, the T3 is just intended for barrels of a larger diameter.

I know two people with the TS's they work just the same as my T2's

Oh sweet. Thanks for the info @GWH.

I'm a little on the fence at the moment whether to get one or not. I already have a hardy gen 5 stealth can on my rem mag, and I'm going to have to sell that to find the brake.
    The hardy can does reduce recoil a decent amount and takes away the muzzle blast. I've tried a cheap radial brake, and that wasn't much good, took about the same recoil out as the suppressor but gives a pretty intense blast. Is the t2/TS going to be a big step up in reduction?

It will be a big step up in blast I have had radial and directional brakes and have now gone to a suppressor. Directional brakes are ear bleeders but generally better at reducing recoil.
    Micky Duck and Gusto like this.
    #DANNYCENT

GWH
    The terminator is way more effective at reducing recoil compared to a radial brake (even a good one) or any suppressor.

The side ported brakes angle the blast to the sides only, none down or upwards, so much better at not blasting dirt and crap into your face compared with a radial.

But you absolutely need to wear hearing protection.
    dannyb likes this.

Yeah I'll definitely be wearing hearing protection, that's no trouble.

It's my long range rig so any shot I take, I'll have time to either put in ear plugs or I'll already have electronic muffs on. If the radial brake I have reduced recoil significantly and didn't blow dirt up, I wouldn't mind the blast (I honestly think I'm feeling the blast vibration coming back through the ground).

The suppressor is just to much weight on the end of the barrel for me on that rig. I have two other suppressed rifles for all the other hunting I do (308 for me and 7mm08 for the wife) so might as well get a good brake for the long range gun right?
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    Yeah I'll definitely be wearing hearing protection, that's no trouble.

It's my long range rig so any shot I take, I'll have time to either put in ear plugs or I'll already have electronic muffs on. If the radial brake I have reduced recoil significantly and didn't blow dirt up, I wouldn't mind the blast (I honestly think I'm feeling the blast vibration coming back through the ground).

The suppressor is just to much weight on the end of the barrel for me on that rig. I have two other suppressed rifles for all the other hunting I do (308 for me and 7mm08 for the wife) so might as well get a good brake for the long range gun right?
    At the end of thd day it's what feels right for you, my long range rig only gets shot prone off the bipod so the weight of the suppressor on the end of the barrel is not an issure for me. Also on more than one occasion I forgot to put hearing protection on not an issue with a suppressor as much. But yeah its what works for you bud
    GWH and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

if you have time to put ear plugs in ,you have time to screw on suppressor from your day bag....carry rifle bare,for snap shots,it will still be quieter than with a brake on it.

As much as I hate noise and muzzle blast the T3 brake is awesome for spotting shots on my 338 edge, shooting longe range I’ve always got plenty of time to setup for to shot and put ear muffs on me and the dog. The next magnum rifle I get I’m putting a TS brake on it.

I'm going to have to get creative with the funding, but I'm goin to keep the suppressor as well ha ha.

Can anyone recommend someone around the lower Manawatu/wellington region to fit one?
    Micky Duck likes this.

AJ Carr in Paraparaumu would be worth a chat to. Highly reccomend him

Banned
    I use a Maisey vari max which I'm happy with. Suits my tops trips where I walk in or out in streams.
    Recoil is next to nothing in a rem mag though does blow some dirt in your face