Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Is there anywhere you can buy military surplus ammo in New Zealand?

Do any stores in New Zealand stock surplus ammo in calibers like 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R?

Aoraki Ammunition do I think. I had a look on their site and none is listed, but ring them or email them and they will let you know when it arrives.
    Online Shop comming soon

Gun City in Chch always seem to have surplus in various calibres (and even 12 ga. buckshot, ex-Malaysian I think.) None of it really cheap though and some looks pretty tarnished.

Shooters all over the world love cheapo surplus ammo and unfortunately NZ is at the end of a long supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    Aoraki Ammunition do I think. I had a look on their site and none is listed, but ring them or email them and they will let you know when it arrives.
    Online Shop comming soon
    the x39 is "on the way", the 54R has been canceled they couldn't get any that wasn't tracer

no date has been set to when its actually going to be here, its been "on the way" for the last year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    the x39 is "on the way", the 54R has been canceled they couldn't get any that wasn't tracer

no date has been set to when its actually going to be here, its been "on the way" for the last year and a half.
    I know. I've been waiting for the x39 as well. Last I heard it was arriving March. Maybe March next year.

Literally just got off the ph with Paul. He has a big shipment of x39 and 5.45 coming from Romania, can't remember if he said when it was leaving. The original x39 was from Albania and had been left in the weather so was in a shit state.

res
    Was talking to him the other day, probably not going to be as cheap as some people think surplus should be even with his ridiculously low margins
    Using Tapatalk

So I take it that if its army surplus that it will all be FMJ type ??

res
    Yea
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Was talking to him the other day, probably not going to be as cheap as some people think surplus should be even with his ridiculously low margins
    So, what price per round would be expected?

I don't know about New Zealand but in the US, our majority of 7.62x54R came from Ukraine. With the current conflict, surplus 54R is drying up in the States. Right now I'm sitting on about 500 rounds of the stuff that I got cheap back in the day. The supply issue has gotten to the point that I sold some of my Milsurp Mosins.

As for 7.62x39mm, I just wish we could get the copper wash Norinco. But President Bill Clinton banned all Chinese ammo from import into the US. That stuff was cheap and nice.
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by misha2001 View Post
    So, what price per round would be expected?
    Given how he has had to revise his projections a few times and he's still has a couple of blank check steps in the process to go, it's probably best if I don't say. Below barnall pricing for sure but not by huge amounts like surplus used to be.
    Paul will do it as cheep as he can, with profits being a secondary objective
    Using Tapatalk