Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By hotbarrels
  • 1 Post By Padox
  • 1 Post By hotbarrels
  • 1 Post By northdude

Thread: Thoughts on nikko stirling diamond long range 6-24x50

Thoughts on nikko stirling diamond long range 6-24x50

Has anyone tried one for longer range stuff are they any good. What's better for under 1k, element optics?

I have three of the Diamond FFP. I really rate them for the price for a FFP scope.
    Good clear optics, reticle magnification is as good as it gets across the scale of 4-16, illumination is excellent for low light and when you are spot lighting.

Only negative comment I would make is that they are built like a tank, and carry the weight to match the build.
    7remmagman likes this.

Any of them on a bigger caliber rifle

Had 2 of them they do OK on a big rifle had mine on a 270 just bulky
    7remmagman likes this.

I think you will find that they are air gun rated which is tougher on scopes than most centrefire rifles.
    7remmagman likes this.

These are the hottest long range sub 1k scopes on the market at the moment.
    https://arkenopticsusa.com/
    Google for reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 55six View Post
    These are the hottest long range sub 1k scopes on the market at the moment.
    https://arkenopticsusa.com/
    Google for reviews.
    16-week backorder !!

So much for Arken's market research into expected sales and production capabilities. Hope their quality control stays on top of things with 24/7 Chinese manufacturing runs.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

northdude
    Got one on my 06 really good scope. I fun nikko stirlings on the majority of my rifles havnt had any probs with any of them
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    16-week backorder !!

So much for Arken's market research into expected sales and production capabilities. Hope their quality control stays on top of things with 24/7 Chinese manufacturing runs.
    @Hermitage Mine are in stock....

If anyone is into really BIG Nikko Diamond scopes, there is a Nikko Diamond Target scope here in 10-50x60 brand new still in the box....They are not cheap scopes. It has a sunshade and a large wheel for the saddle mounted AO adjustment.....and a 30mm tube.

I also have a couple 8-32x 44 Target masters here as well but they are $650 for the Mil Dot and $600 for the Fine crosshair...Both with inch tube and AO

All three are the earlier ones that were made in JAPAN prior to moving their manufacturing to China.

There is also a 6-24 Target master there but it has an FT reticle which personally I found to be a real pain in the ass...I hated it.

But when I had a 10=50x60 target master I found anything under 300 metres was too close to go over 25x and my rifle (and me) were getting to our limits of hitting rabbits at about 400m so it was too much scope for what I wanted.....
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......