Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam

Thread: Thougths on A-TEC PRS

Thougths on A-TEC PRS

Info: https://www.a-tec.no/silencers/a-tec...-tec-prs-3-mod

Name:  PRS_DSC_1988.png
Views: 637
Size:  96.4 KB

I would assume this will definitely suppress the sound. What's your thought on that?

I would get it for my Forward 45 on looks alone, can just add end module to existing. Other than that I am not sure what it achieves other than being a louder suppressor and quieter brake??
    @MSL will have a view.

I think the idea is to reduce the concussion to make shooting a two day match bearable without sacrificing the ability to stay on target with a brake. Actually suppressing the sound doesn’t have much to do with it. Are 419 make a similar product and there is a good review on the ultimate reloader YouTube channel about it.

I have 2 A-Tec suppressors, although not one of these. I have a Carbon 2 on a .243, and an Optima on a .270 and they are both excellent suppressors. They are noticeably quieter than the locally made suppressors my mates use.

I cant imagine the brake being very effective as presumably it is using the already expanded and cooled gasses from the suppressor?
    I have been wrong before tho.
    I have one A-tec suppressor and while subjective I think it works better than dpt and sonic I also have (tho on different chamberings)
    I actually was surprised how much it reduced recoil being that suppressors are not real good at that anyway compared to a brake.
    Cowboy06 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I have seen one of these but not used. I have used a similar design one of a different brand. It was very quiet, amd reduced recoil more than a std can. Down fall is they are reasonably long.