Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tikka 6.5x55 se

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wakefield nelson
    Posts
    60

    Tikka 6.5x55 se

    Just brought a new tikka 6.5x55 about to send it away to get suppressed . Going to send it up north to HARDY engineering.
    Any idea before I send which model suppressor to choose and length to trim of barrel or left factory length?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Otago
    Posts
    264
    I have a DPT over barrel, cut my swede to 20" and don't miss much speed - I get 2740 fps from 143gr ELD-X
    Sr5dan likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wakefield nelson
    Posts
    60
    I'm shooting 120 gr noslers bench mark 2 what kind of load are you using for the bigger 143gr

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    983
    You have one of the best gunsmith in the country in Wakefield. Why send it away?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Christchuch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,087
    There is only two suppressors I will never buy again, Hardy and Rev Rog......(SubSilentSupprssors) If you get a good Hardys then its fine, but if anything ever goes wrong their service leaves a LOT to be desired. DPT and Gunworks both do a decent suppressor with great service and I will use either again when I am noext on the market for a suppressor. Likewise Maniatis (Not sure of his brand name) also makes them here in chch.
    Kiwi Greg and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

  6. #6
    Member sometimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    495
    Send it to dpt or gunworks both give great service forget hardy
    timattalon likes this.

  7. #7
    Member SlimySquirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,208
    Depends what you're after... obviously the DPT is very popular on this forum. Darren does excellent work and stands by his product.

    There are others that offer excellent service like Scotty at SSRNZ, the Tiffens @ Gunworks, Stuart at Greystone Guns and the crew at MAE.

    DPT would be the lightest if you're going to carry it.

    Whats the intended use? I've just gone with Stuart for a Varmint rig so don't mind the weight.
    sometimes likes this.

  8. #8
    Member andyanimal31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Taihape
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    There is only two suppressors I will never buy again, Hardy and Rev Rog......(SubSilentSupprssors) If you get a good Hardys then its fine, but if anything ever goes wrong their service leaves a LOT to be desired. DPT and Gunworks both do a decent suppressor with great service and I will use either again when I am noext on the market for a suppressor. Likewise Maniatis (Not sure of his brand name) also makes them here in chch.
    There's been big changes at hardy's as I have heard of 4 separate people that have as the old saying goes "we will put it right"
    Happen for them.
    Their stealth on a 6.5 55 is out standing as i now have heard three and shot a couple as well.
    Great recoil reduction as well.
    There is a reason that they topped the rod and rifle test and that's because they do work.
    My two cents any way!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    SlimySquirrel likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

  9. #9
    Member Timmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CNI
    Posts
    2,411
    I've been as low as 18.5 on my tikka 6.5x55 there is a good thread on here that I started. Give the search button a whirl.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Otago
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr5dan View Post
    I'm shooting 120 gr noslers bench mark 2 what kind of load are you using for the bigger 143gr
    46.2gr 2209

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wakefield nelson
    Posts
    60
    [QUOTE=chalkeye;669357]46.2gr 2209[/Quote
    Cheers ill give it a crack

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wakefield nelson
    Posts
    60
    Wakefield sorry for my ignorance who is that

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    wakefield nelson
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    You have one of the best gunsmith in the country in Wakefield. Why send it away?
    Sorry for my ignorance who is the gun Smith in wakefield

  14. #14
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    There's been big changes at hardy's as I have heard of 4 separate people that have as the old saying goes "we will put it right"
    Happen for them.
    Their stealth on a 6.5 55 is out standing as i now have heard three and shot a couple as well.
    Great recoil reduction as well.
    There is a reason that they topped the rod and rifle test and that's because they do work.
    My two cents any way!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    You on commission Andy ?

  15. #15
    Member andyanimal31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Taihape
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    You on commission Andy ?
    How did you know!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Tikka T3 6.5x55
    By Timmay in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 10:13 PM
  2. FS: Tikka T3 6.5X55
    By Timmay in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-07-2016, 09:18 PM
  3. FS: Tikka T3 in 6.5x55
    By Duck in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2016, 09:40 PM
  4. WTS: Tikka T3 6.5x55
    By jackbowring in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 09:11 AM
  5. Tikka 6.5x55
    By BRADS in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!