Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Tikka factory thread

Tikka factory thread

Have given up waiting on a second hand one and have ordered a new Tikka. Does anyone know what thread the t3x elite (233 if it makes a difference) comes with? All the advertising says it's threaded for a brake / suppressor but can't find anywhere saying which thread....

Ideally it's 1/2*20 as I already have a dpt that would work if not I'll have to send it the the gunsmith to get redone

Pretty sure they are 14x1 magnum 15x1
    7mmsaum likes this.

Yeah 14x1

I thought this was going to be a thread about tikka factory rifles !

A mate says they shoot more reliably if you cement the bedding block in . anyone think this is worth doing or just imagination ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post

A mate says they shoot more reliably if you cement the bedding block in . anyone think this is worth doing or just imagination ?
    I wouldn’t touch it theirs nothing unreliable about them in the first place mate they really are the pinnacle of out of the box no bullshit moa rifles and I don’t even like them can’t argue with results though magic rifles
    Fisherman, TeRei and 6x47 like this.

14-1 and there is no need to touch the bedding they shoot just fine I've never shot a inaccurate Tikka

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Bugger, either buy a new can or get rethreaded.... any problems with 1/2*20 on a 223? had it previously and didn't have any issues

Already have a carbon stock that's been bedded, have never worried about the recoil.lug on other Tikka actions I've had and they shoot just fine

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Bugger, either buy a new can or get rethreaded.... any problems with 1/2*20 on a 223? had it previously and didn't have any issues

Already have a carbon stock that's been bedded, have never worried about the recoil.lug on other Tikka actions I've had and they shoot just fine
    1/2x20 is fine for tikka 223. Shoot it in the factory stock 1st then swap it in to the carbon just to get a benchmark for accuracy in case the bedding in the carbon stock isn't spot on for the new action and causes issues. I'd even shoot it before re-threading in case there is some other issue, once you re-thread it warranty is void

Not going to get the chance to shoot before re threading, one of those lovely things about being on Stewart island is you have to go to town to pick up any new toys.... so getting it done before I pick it up

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    IF your suppressor is modular then you could just change the front baffle, but I'd guess you know this

I'm interested in the 'Elite ' model designation as I can't see it showing on the Tikka web site.
    Is it another Gun City special or something other than that?
    dannyb likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It's a mk1 dpt, it's living on another rifle at the moment so need the same thread.

Yeah I had a look and couldn't find it either. Coming from Delta mike, found a video from gun city about it. Fluted barrel, larger bolt handle, metal bolt shroud, factory threaded.

Being a south paw limits things a bit....
    Shearer and dannyb like this.

Yeah. The Elite is just one we got them to make up for us. Factory threaded, factory fluted, enlarged bolt knob and you get both the vertical and standard pistol grips. Some of the calibres are shorter barrels too, 308 and 223 are 20" barrels rather than 22" for example.
    Fisherman, Shearer and dannyb like this.

Anyone know what height rings to put a z5 on the top?

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Anyone know what height rings to put a z5 on the top?
    Talley low will fit maybe able to get Xtra low to fit but I have used lows

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post

If you find an out of the box Tikka that doesn't shoot reliably then please let us all know, its not really a thing haha. No need.