Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Tikka picatinny rail

Can anyone recommend a picatinny rail for a tikka t3 7mm08 ? Most of them don't have a recoil lug. Is this necessary? Any advice greatly appreciated cheers

If you can get one, i know contessa rails have a recoil lug. Honestly, i dont think it is necessary for 7mm08, talley lightweights are only 2 screws in each ring and have never had an issue with them

Gkp
    I have a couple options if needed

Recoil lugs not really needed on a rail, if you don’t like sharp edges on your rail have a look at Spuhr rails.

mdt have rounded edges too. I have a spare 20moa rail hereand can get MDT ones and waitaki do then in 20,30and 40 moa now. No recoil lug.

Apologies for the slight threadromancy, but just to keep this all in one place - some other options are:

Greystone Guns here in NZ. I haven't used it, so don't know about quality or recoil arrestor pin: https://greystoneguns.co.nz/product-...catinny-rails/

Personally, given that stuff can move, I think a recoil arrestor pin is a good idea, as is glueing the rail, or using red Loctite - there's a reason Tikka do this on the rails they install.

Two that have this are Mountain Tactical (https://www.mountaintactical.com/cat...essories-rails) and Area 419 (https://www.area419.com/product/tikk...on-scope-rail/)

Geoff at The Gun Rack, and Target Dynamics, somtimes stock the Area 419 rails, but they're out of stock at the moment.

DPT
    You dont need a recoil lug on a 7mm08

We have them in stock but are closed until the 16th unfortunately.

Tikka T3 T3x picatinny 0 & 20MOA - DPT Machinists

Mountain tactical

Don't over think it, they're all just machined aluminmum made by a decent manufacturer.
    I'm currently using mountain tactical rails but have used half a dozen other brands and not had any issues.