Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetroot
  • 1 Post By ChrisW
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 1 Post By NZShoota

Thread: Tikka T1x 17 HMR

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag

Tikka T1x 17 HMR

How are you shooters that own a T1x in 17HMR finding them, in terms of reliability and function? What scope mounting system have T1x owners found best, rail, dovetail mounts or what?
    Cheers in advance....

I have a 22lr one and it's been great in all aspects.
    Regarding scope mounts I've used dovetailed rings, T3 talley rings, JnP dovetail adapters with Burris Zee rings and now finally settled on a DIP 25moa rail.

11mm Dovetail rings worked just fine.
    T3 talley rings worked also but the top of the T1x rail is curved not flat (like T3) with means T3 bases don't make very good contact. Talley makes specifics one piece rings for the T1x.
    The JnP adapters worked ok but I found that they were sliding forward so bough a DIP rail, which had been great.
    Mathias likes this.

I’ve got the tikka in 17 hmr. Only had it a couple of weeks and put a couple of packets through it. Hornady ammo. Very accurate. Used some old t3 talleys but will either get some steel dovetail rings or t1x talleys. The t3 talleys hang off the sides a bit so not ideal.

I have put a 2-12x35 Burris rimfire on it. Also tried a 4-16x40 weaver classic. Good scope as well.

May sell the weaver if you are after a scope.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Cheers for the feedback fella's. I'm thinking the DiP rail looks like the best option, have one on my Sako Finnfire and though it adds extra height to the scope, even with low rings it's a nice bit of kit. Good to hear the 17HMR is a good shooter @Ginga.

Would suggest a Contessa rail to suit. They are very nice - steel construction. Made in Italy. Not cheap though at approx $170.
    Mathias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Cheers for the feedback fella's. I'm thinking the DiP rail looks like the best option, have one on my Sako Finnfire and though it adds extra height to the scope, even with low rings it's a nice bit of kit. Good to hear the 17HMR is a good shooter @Ginga.
    PM @andyanimal31 he was one of the early owners of a Tx1. His set ups are always top notch
    Mathias likes this.

I use a one piece mount off an Accuracy International (believe they are made by Sportsmatch) that I found in my parts box.
    Mathias likes this.