Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tikka T1X tiny little stock??

Tikka T1X tiny little stock??

Is it just me or is the T1x only available with a tiny little stock with a very short LOP?? It feels like a stock for kids, it's so short.

Funny you should mention that .
    I was just shooting mine today and even though it has a bigger T3x recoil pad it is still 1/2 an inch to short in my opinion

Name:  2DFA14CC-AE3F-408F-A5C1-B4A3C14979A2.jpeg
Views: 776
Size:  3.27 MB
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by floatingkiwi View Post
    Is it just me or is the T1x only available with a tiny little stock with a very short LOP?? It feels like a stock for kids, it's so short.
    It's the same stock as a T3x but a plastic butt plate instead of a recoil pad. Fit a factory pad or (limbsaver) and problem solved. I think there is also spacers available to increase length of pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Funny you should mention that .
    I was just shooting mine today and even though it has a bigger T3x recoil pad it is still 1/2 an inch to short in my opinion

Attachment 202054
    never mind the rifle the dog is bloody awesome!
    mine is 1/2 bully 1/2 dogo. 14 and a half years old, arthritis under control and can hear a biscuit unwrapped at 100 metres !
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    mine is 1/2 bully 1/2 dogo. 14 and a half years old, arthritis under control and can hear a biscuit unwrapped at 100 metres !
    My English bull made it to about 15 he was good as good until cancer got him in the end man he was a character loyal as they come not so good with cats though never managed to get him out of that bad habit

And the t3x feels and looks about an inch longer before the recoil pad

As above , same stock different butt pad.

Put a standard recoil pad on it and it'll feel like a T3.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    She is actually my wife’s Dog , but between you and me she’s snuck into my life .

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    My English bull made it to about 15 he was good as good until cancer got him in the end man he was a character loyal as they come not so good with cats though never managed to get him out of that bad habit

This one is only 10 months old .
    Character and Loyal are already good descriptive words for her .
    We have an old Cat at home and his world has been turned upside down , but for now he is still the boss .

I dont think it is the same stock - it gets weirder: I saw today a t3x in 223 and a t1x in the local store. The t3x had a much shorter stock, measured side by side. Both stocks had the "correct" stickers on them. It looked like the t3x had the much shorter stock on it like I saw on the original t1x I tried. Maybe they have a mix n match strategy at the factory???

You could have been looking at the T3x Lite Compact. This is a shorter stock designed for women and kits. Quite a few of them kicking around.

The t1x and t3x have the same stock, it is simply a but pad difference. The t1x has a plastic pad and the t3x has a full rubber recoil pad
    BSA270 likes this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    You could have been looking at the T3x Lite Compact. This is a shorter stock designed for women and kits. Quite a few of them kicking around.

The t1x and t3x have the same stock, it is simply a but pad difference. The t1x has a plastic pad and the t3x has a full rubber recoil pad
    No not true, see my pic below, the T1x stock (not including pad) is 15mm shorter than a T3 stock.

Replacing the T1x plastic butt plate with a standard T3 recoil pad will add length but it'll still be a tad shorter than a T3, unless you add in a spacer or use a recoil pad that's longer.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

GWH
    Ok so ive measured the LOP of factory T1x with its plastic butt plate at 13.25 inch.

After removing the T1x butt plate and fitting a standard factory T3 recoil pad, the LOP is now 13.75 inch.

So by doing this you add half an inch to the LOP. Which may be enough to help you out.

I had a factory T3 pad in the cupboard after replacing one with a limbsaver years ago.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Difference between the T3 and T3x (T1x) is due to the T3x having a thicker factory pad compared to the older T3 but when fitted with their respective original factory pads they will probably have the same LOP (excluding youth/compact models which I think come with a spacer to take them back to normal length).
    Fisherman likes this.

Its the same as the "youth" stock, I believe.