Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tikka T3 scope mounting options

Tikka T3 scope mounting options

Hi guys, wondering what your opinions are on mounting options for Tikkas. I have a Swarovski Z5 with a large 52mm bell on the end so much accommodate that.
    Been looking at either mounting a rail then some form of steel rings on top, alternatively Tally one piece or optilocks?
    any suggestions/ pics would be great.

Cheers

Optilocks will work well!

I've heard good things about DNZ 1-piece mounts and they come with a lifetime guarantee for about $65 USD. Made from Aluminum though...

Last edited by JayColli; 13-04-2014 at 07:51 AM.

This is what I use,SPUHR MOUNT,love it! Notice the inbuilt bubble?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 14063
Size:  854.8 KB
    Dead is better and DW58 like this.

optilocks, job done

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    This is what I use,SPUHR MOUNT,love it! Notice the inbuilt bubble?Attachment 22841
    The Spuhr mounts are very nice, as one would expect for half the cost of a Tikka

Optilocks are good if you can afford them or Talley rings . Have my Talley glued to the action teal solid

I had the Tikka rings which were working well on my 223, but I replaced them with Burris bases and Warne steel rings.
    Haven't had a problem with either set up, but the new one certainly seems a lot stronger, but the extra weight is noticeable.
    I'd be inclined to go with a pair of Warne Tikka rings if I did it again to keep the weight down. Warne rings are excellent rings, and pretty well priced too.

Depends what you're trying to do. If you're going to be traveling on planes a bit - then you might look at QD rings like La'Rue but if its staying on there permanently i'd look at getting the most from your primo scope. Spuhr arent that big a jump when you consider that they do have the level and do come with an inbuilt slope. When you consider that a .2 MOA piccatinny or DT is $120 and a good level is that again (plus the 1hour of prancing about trying to get it level). I reckon you get what you pay for with Spuhr

Only thing is that they don't make a low mount that maximises the benefit of a 42od objective - your Z5 would be sweet and because you've bought that, why not go the whole hog?

Sounds good guys. Those Spuhr mounts look awesome but a bit pricey. Optilocks are looking good atm. My mate has a rail like this https://tikkaperformance.com/index.p...product_id=445 on his. Same as the egw rail you can get here but is a tougher condition and included a recoil lug for the hole on the top, then warne rings on top of that. Decisions decisions

I wanted to mount a real then rings for my new vortex last year. But we couldn't get the right thread pitch to mount the real on. Turns out the Tikka I have was an early model import.
    So had to get 30mm optilocks instead. I think they are medium height but only just clear the barrel with objective lens. What is the outside measurement of the objective lens

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

It has a 52mm objective but according to their web site tech info it is 58. ? does that sound about right?
    I actually put it on a tikka with the standard rings that come with it, and if the scope is mounted slightly forward it actually fits. So will need to do a bit of fiddling to find something really strong mounting at the right price and height.

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    I wanted to mount a real then rings for my new vortex last year. But we couldn't get the right thread pitch to mount the real on. Turns out the Tikka I have was an early model import.
    So had to get 30mm optilocks instead. I think they are medium height but only just clear the barrel with objective lens. What is the outside measurement of the objective lens

Optilock Ringmounts or Optilock Rings & Bases? Sako or Tikka Ringmount come in one height only.
    I have bases and extra low 1" rings on my 85 with a 52mm Obj Kahles, can just fit butler creek cap on with clearance.

I don't think the Tikka optilocks come with the base option. Or that is what I was told.

As for getting the score forward a bit will help. Because mine is almost touching on the bell of barrel.
    I will be selling my optilocks when it gets re barreled in June

Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    I don't think the Tikka optilocks come with the base option. Or that is what I was told.

As for getting the score forward a bit will help. Because mine is almost touching on the bell of barrel.
    I will be selling my optilocks when it gets re barreled in June

Puku are they 30mm tikka opti one piece? If so let me know when youre flicking them. Want to try them instead of my two piece base n ring set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images