Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Tikka t3x M+ extended mag 3D file

Hi,

I am looking at trying to 3D print Tikka M+ extended mags. Does anyone have a file for the design please!

Cheers

Im currently working on some tikka mag files for another reason. I just need to make a few tweaks.

There is an existing file of the standard magazine body that i used as my base and double checked the measurements.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3604323

I measured this file and everything seems correct.
    But no bottom part.

If you let me know how far you want it extended down i can add that and the M+ sized "spacer" in for you.
    Then a standard or extended block can clip into it.
    But you might have to try a few designs to get the angle of the mag correct.

Im just a bit busy currently and i haven't had a chance to change my prototypes.
    But ill be able to get it done in the weekend if no one else has.

or if you want to have a play yourself download fusion 360
    https://www.autodesk.co.nz/products/...SAAEgKdQvD_BwE
    you get 30 day trail and then can extend that for a year for non commercial purposes.
    Plenty of tutorials online.

the $250-300+ bucks for a whole mag from overseas will probably still be the better option even with the hassle of paperwork.

What are you going to use as the spring?

you might also need to have it a sold base for strength, not sure how well the factory bottoms will hold up under high spring tension.
    or how well the 3d printed mag will handle it aswell.
    PETG will be better than PLA.

Thanks Nugget!

I was thinking of maybe trying to use the original body of the mag and clipping on a extended bottom part? Havent tried to separate the two to see if you can actually do it, what do you think?

Don't know how the internals look so pretty much just thought of this idea yesterday.

What are you planning on doing for your mag project? These Tikka mags are just so expensive

A magazine block that locks the bolt back and a way of indicating the rifle is in a safe state.
    When using a chamber flag bolt flops around and annoys me, yes i could use a rubber band to hold it forwards but decided to give this a go just because i can.
    And a single feed block for my ACIS bottom mag tikka. It doesn't feed too well when just plopping a round on top of the magazine so that will be nice to have.
    I have made a prototype for a tikka mag and an ACIS mag, chances are ill have to print one more prototype before i'm happy with it.

Name:  69233484_821356401614570_1056769904247570432_n.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  78.7 KB

There is a reason why things are expensive, its not just manufacturing Its design work and then testing and fixing design / material flaws. Design and prototyping is expensive, i'm a designer for my job but mostly using autocad, my charge out rate is $120 a hour. Im about 25 hours in between the two models but that is mostly to do with learning a 3d application. Making changes and tweaks now is alot quicker. But its small tweaks to add that polishing touches and make things from doing to job to great gets very time intensive.

Yes the two parts do clip apart very easily. Tikka have done a good job at saving costs during manufacturing.
    1 action size and one bottom metal. Just change the bolt stop and then the appropriate action magazine.
    3 and 5 round magazines use the same "body" and just the bottom is deeper for the 5 rounders.

The biggest thing i see holding you back is the spring. finding one to work or making one to work will be quite hard.
    Plus a little bit of mucking around with the design as the first version or two might not work.

Thanks for the info mate, do you maybe have the file for just the bottom part of the 5 round or maybe you you've already looked at the depth needed for 10 rounds?

Disclaimer: I don't have any experience with the program or the designing. want to try and calculate what the total depth needs to be for the bottom metal and then as k a mate to print it (If he will) and try and make it work with a spring