Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Cigar
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Tikka Tac A1

Tikka Tac A1

I bought a Tikka Tac A1 some time back and found chassis’s aren’t really my thing. I set the rifle up in a different stock and it’s running just fine so time to move the chassis on.
    Basically after trying to work out what value these chassis’s have (there are none on the market) by looking at prices of the Tx3, CTR and the A1 they must value them at just over 2k
    That seems excessive. The chassis does not have the zero moa rail. This proved problematic to remove. Everything else is in great condition.
    Im looking for advice on a starting point.
    Cheers

I guess it comes down to what its worth to you to sell? Put a price on it and let the market decide if the price is good? Just do not put it on trademe for $1res

Gone but not forgotten
    DPT chassis range from $750 to $1800, but I don’t know how they compare to the Tikka material and feature-wise
    keengunNic and Noswal like this.

I thought that there was a metal part sandwiched between the barrel tenon and front off the action, that makes that particular barrelled action different from a normal tikka.?

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    I thought that there was a metal part sandwiched between the barrel tenon and front off the action, that makes that particular barrelled action different from a normal tikka.?
    Dude at Gun city told me they were the same as the CTR other than the trigger. I haven’t noticed any metal sandwich lol
    I’m no gunsmith though

Quote Originally Posted by Noswal View Post
    Dude at Gun city told me
    is NEVER a good place to get advice on expensive firearms.....
    dirkvanvuuren likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    is NEVER a good place to get advice on expensive firearms.....
    I understand what you mean but they do sell them and where else does one go for information than to the dealer.

I thought the Tac A1 had a heavier barrel than the CTR but maybe not.
    The barreled action will be the same as all other Tikkas (other than barrel profile).

The Tac A1 roughly cost $3800 vs $2400 for CTR, the Tac A1 comes with 2 magazines and the two stage trigger, so the up charge for the chassis is probably more like $1000-$1200.