Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Tikka Tx3 Tact A1 chassis

I’m considering going to a GRS type stock. I’ve no idea what interest there’d be for the Tikka chassis?
    I’m still not entirely sure I want to go down this path but thought I’d look for advice before making any decision.
    Cheers team.

Really heavy bro and ergos suck but stock folds on wrong side leaving it hard to carry folded

I find the chassis extremely solid and sm having some good results with my initial load development but I do find it very heavy. The folding stock seems more like a gimmick and the picatinny rail down the full length of the shroud seems pointless.
    It’s the first chassis rifle I’ve bought and I’m not sure it’s my thing.

I have the GRS Berserk stock for my 260rem Tikka T3x CTR.
    I like it, yeah it's heavy.
    The pistol grip is canted, very comfortable.

Gun City value the CTR at $2700 and the A1Tact at $3700
    The only difference being the chassis. So I’m guess they value the chassis at $1000.
    Seems expensive to me.

Wow!
    I grabbed my Tikka 260rem CTR a couple years ago for $1800 (new), not at GunCity tho!
    When I bought the GRS Berserk stock for the CTR, I put the Tikka CTR stock (new T3x more vertical pistol grip, wide forend and adjustable cheek piece) on my Tikka Varmint 204.
    Either way, I guess new stocks / chassis are always going to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by onslaught5012 View Post
    Wow!
    I grabbed my Tikka 260rem CTR a couple years ago for $1800 (new), not at GunCity tho!
    When I bought the GRS Berserk stock for the CTR, I put the Tikka CTR stock (new T3x more vertical pistol grip, wide forend and adjustable cheek piece) on my Tikka Varmint 204.
    Either way, I guess new stocks / chassis are always going to be expensive.
    Yeah actually doing a bit of research and talking to our local GunCity $1000 is possibly cheap. He made the point that they’ve go very few of anything in stock so people are buying everything on the market. I’ll see how things pan out with other options before making any decisions.

have you had a look at the new MDT XRS chassis? I have sold a few now and they are very easy to setup and great to shoot. The grs is a cool stock and works well on rifles i have tried them on.

I’ve picked up a GGS laminate stock to try out. I’m hoping to be blown away by it, if not I’ll move it on and try something else. I’ll keep the Tikka chassis in the meantime until I’m certain I’m happy with the setup.
    Just waiting on delivery now

Depends on what price you'd be thinking but given its reasonable I could be keen to buy the tac a1 chasis. I shoot a lot of Practical and PRS style matches and have been looking to upgrade lately.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi303 View Post
    Depends on what price you'd be thinking but given its reasonable I could be keen to buy the tac a1 chasis. I shoot a lot of Practical and PRS style matches and have been looking to upgrade lately.
    I’ll be swapping over by next week hopefully so I’ll have an idea on if I want to sell the chassis in a week or two. I’ll need to do a bit of research to get an idea on value. When I’m certain I’ll flick you a pm before posting the sale.