Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 1 Post By Carpe Diem
  • 1 Post By BSA270

Thread: Trigger Adjust T3x Superlite

Trigger Adjust T3x Superlite

Has anyone adjusted their trigger to a lower pressure than stated by Tikka? Book says 2-4 lb. The set screw screws out to lighten til it bears against the hex head of the mechanism mounting bolt. Can a small amount be machined off the adjuster screw to allow it to be safely lightened a tad more. Good as is for field shooting but a bit heavy for on the range.

Wind it all the way in, then all the way out. Won't go much past 2lb but will be a bit lighter.

I do the same as SlimySquirrel: screw it in until the spring is compressed then screw it out to a satisfactory pull weight. Remembering the last one I did: came out at about 1.5 pound and the screw had a little more travel which I did not feel I needed. Pull weight is definitely lighter than just winding the trigger adjustment screw out until it butts up against the trigger housing screw. Alternatively, I believe a lighter spring can be installed to create a lighter pull weight.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA270 View Post
    .... Can a small amount be machined off the adjuster screw to allow it to be safely lightened a tad more...
    If you do this the sear mightn't catch the firing pin and you'll have a rifle that won't cock. You could always turn the screw back in that happens though.

Take it to a good gunsmith for a trigger job a bit of a polish on the sear will smooth it up quite a lot and they can usually take out most of the creep
    as long as the trigger is smooth and has little creep and over travel 2 lb is easily handled with a bit of practise, join your local Deerstalkers and compete
    in their range shoots it will improve your trigger control and general rifle handling skills,
    Mucking about with trigger springs is a job for a qualified gunsmith otherwise you will end up with an unsafe rifle.

if I wind mine all the way out its unsafe ie: I can drop the butt on the carpet ten times and at least one of those times it will fire itself.

Wouldn't recommend this I found it on a clients rifle

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooternz View Post
    , join your local Deerstalkers and compete
    in their range shoots it will improve your trigger control and general rifle handling skills,
    He shoots very well at branch shoots and needs to leave the trigger as it is to give the rest of the club a chance

Richard have a talk to Tom Curtis at the next meeting.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

@Happy fixed mine with a Yo Dave trigger spring that way you don't need to screw it all the way out.

Was about 3lb and couldn't get lighter - now at 12oz and safe - and helped awesomely with accuracy - that..... and his bedding job and replacing the recoil lug!
    now its shooting a verified series of 3 shot bug holes. Thanks @30calterry and @Happy - 3 shot because with supressor we needed the barrel to cool again! but would have done more I'm sure
    Name:  thumb_IMG_0320_1024.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  213.2 KBName:  thumb_RPWC0302_1024.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  142.5 KB
    30calterry likes this.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Shoots very well. 3/4" -1" at 100 yards. Guess will get used to it in time. Maybe been using the Majestic for too long. Thanks Shootm will talk to Tom on Wednesday.
    Shootm likes this.

Take your spring out, go to engineering supply shop and find a softer spring of the same dimensions, cut to length install and test until you get the desired results. Test over and over again for reliability. Don't recommend this for a hunting or bush rifle. If it's target or bench shooting, muzzle will be down range when you close the bolt. I have set mine to 3/4lb this way. Just saying again....not for hunting or bush applications.