Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Tru flights barrels

Tru flights barrels

Looking at re barreling my tikka and was looking at true flight barrels but I don’t know anyone that has used one. What’s everyone’s thoughts / experiences with them?

Excellent barrels, excellent service, and they stand by their product. Buy with confidence.
    Bill999, shooternz and Hen like this.

+1 for above. TF have done 3 rifles/barrels for me and they've worked out very well & they do stand by their work. One down side I have noted is the TF barrels tend to copper foul more than others like Bartlein. Takes a bit of breaking in & rigorous cleaning till the TF barrels settle down.

True Flight manufactured and fitted a barrel to my 7mm WSM X-bolt last year, it's just a copy of the standard Browning light sporter contour, it shot exceptionally well right away and picks up a miniscule amount of copper, I think all of their barrels are hand lapped now and this negates necessity for break-in and/or the likelihood of coppering. I've only shot it twice at 400m (435 yds) and it has shot under 1.5" both times with Berger 168 gr Classic Hunters. Their service and workmanship was excellent.
    Tahr likes this.
    Just going to take a look around the next bend...

Got one of their ultramatch barrels put on a rem700. First day zeroing it in I was getting super frustrated, as I took 5 shots, and only the first one hit the paper.
    Well, it turns out that all 5 went through the same hole, and from 100M back I could not pick that up. Needless to say, I was super happy when I went downrange to grab the target.

Definitely would not hesitate getting another.

got one on my 7mm practical build. shot perfectly from first go. never seen much copper fouling. They were excellent to deal with. I'm looking at re-barreling my old BSA 308 into, another 308. haha I'll happily go back to them.

The fouling is what worries me as it’s for a comp gun so I don’t want something that needs cleaning after every comp of half way though. I’m sure there accurate barrels , just want couple hundred rounds down the barrel before a even think about cleaning it

Being that one of their main shareholders wants to shut down a certain Pistol club after said shareholder purchased a property nearby and then proceeded to complain about the noise...

They can shove it
    mikee, lau lau and csmiffy like this.

great barrels. vulkans are great too. owned and own a few of each
    Last edited by xring; 05-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Being that one of their main shareholders wants to shut down a certain Pistol club after said shareholder purchased a property nearby and then proceeded to complain about the noise...

They can shove it
    No longer the case (as of Nov 2020) however he owns the building TF operates out of.

PS: I own no Trueflite barrels and don't intend doing so.
    04sika likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by WessCG View Post
    The fouling is what worries me as it’s for a comp gun so I don’t want something that needs cleaning after every comp of half way though. I’m sure there accurate barrels , just want couple hundred rounds down the barrel before a even think about cleaning it
    So you want a match grade barrel but you don't want to spend 5 minutes cleaning it after a days shooting...
    zimmer, shooternz, 6x47 and 4 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by 38 South View Post
    True Flight manufactured and fitted a barrel to my 7mm WSM X-bolt last year, it's just a copy of the standard Browning light sporter contour, it shot exceptionally well right away and picks up a miniscule amount of copper, I think all of their barrels are hand lapped now and this negates necessity for break-in and/or the likelihood of coppering. I've only shot it twice at 400m (435 yds) and it has shot under 1.5" both times with Berger 168 gr Classic Hunters. Their service and workmanship was excellent.
    Hand lapped barrels still can collect a bit of copper. The difference is on a hand lapped barrel is that the copper doesn’t embed itself as there aren’t any rough machine marks for it to hang onto. As such it’s very easy process to remove. I have a 5R Bartlein that’s always collected a bit of copper but it’s certainly never effected it’s accuracy.

What Husky1600 said. Ive fitted several myself and they are all tack drivers. Customer service is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Excellent barrels, excellent service, and they stand by their product. Buy with confidence.
    What he said

Recently got a True Flite ultra match on my T3 delighted with the result and service.