Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tube Mag Limiter for .22

Tube Mag Limiter for .22

Just having a bit of a fossick around on TM thought this maybe of some use to guys & gals .

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...7402990ce7-001
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Does this meet the actual requirements?
    It's not actually reducing the mag length, it's reducing the follower.
    The follower/rod can be changed for another then returning it to an 11+ capacity.
    An honest question with limited knowledge but I thought it was about mag capacity!?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflite View Post
    Does this meet the actual requirements?
    It's not actually reducing the mag length, it's reducing the follower.
    The follower/rod can be changed for another then returning it to an 11+ capacity.
    An honest question with limited knowledge but I thought it was about mag capacity!?
    Depends if you recognise the follower and spring are part of the magazine, ergo, modify those and you modify the magazine.

Doubt NZP will persecute this one too much, it would just highlight the poor legislation they have helped push through.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Depends if you recognise the follower and spring are part of the magazine, ergo, modify those and you modify the magazine.

Doubt NZP will persecute this one too much, it would just highlight the poor legislation they have helped push through.
    Agreed but, we can get pulled over for doing 55Kph in a 50 and get a ticket but also get pulled up doing 56Kph and get let off with a warning!
    A 10/22 will be/is legal with a 10 round mag but illegal with a 15/25 mag.
    Again, I thought it is about mag capacity, not about how friendly the NZP are at the time.

There won't be a 20 demerit point fine for a breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflite View Post
    Agreed but, we can get pulled over for doing 55Kph in a 50 and get a ticket but also get pulled up doing 56Kph and get let off with a warning!
    A 10/22 will be/is legal with a 10 round mag but illegal with a 15/25 mag.
    Again, I thought it is about mag capacity, not about how friendly the NZP are at the time.

There won't be a 20 demerit point fine for a breach.
    Yes, it is a bit more serious. BTW, the device is not that great, being designed to go between the end cap and the spring - it should be thin enough to go INSIDE the spring to avoid over-compressing the spring. I hope it is just a mistake in the description, I can't imagine a gunsmith would make such a basic mistake.

Yes, it is a bit more serious. BTW, the device is not that great, being designed to go between the end cap and the spring - it should be thin enough to go INSIDE the spring to avoid over-compressing the spring. I hope it is just a mistake in the description, I can't imagine a gunsmith would make such a basic mistake.
    It's more than serious to accommodate interpretation.
    My thoughts are, if its an under barrel mag it will have to to be shortened to 10 and less which should be easy.
    An in/through the the stock mag is a different issue!

On the same note. I have seen a 742 Remington that was converted to a pump action years ago. No way you could realistically convert it back to a semi. Yet they are saying it is not allowed to alter a centre fire semis to comply. I think they would struggle with that if push came to shove, Its either a semi or its not.
    Cordite likes this.

They have realised that hense the "certified" gunsmith carry on.

If you are taking 5 bullets out of the tube and replacing them with a rod of the same length then how is the spring going to be over compressed? The spring has no idea if its being compressed by 15 rounds or 10 rounds and a small rod. The only down side if any is that it will be 30% compressed when empty. I doubt that will do any harm at all.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    If you are taking 5 bullets out of the tube and replacing them with a rod of the same length then how is the spring going to be over compressed? The spring has no idea if its being compressed by 15 rounds or 10 rounds and a small rod. The only down side if any is that it will be 30% compressed when empty. I doubt that will do any harm at all.
    Yes, doubtless.

And when you insert the 10th round into the newly compressed magazine, the resistance will feel like when you inserted the 15th round in the old magazine. And all because you put too fat a rod into it. You'll be reminded of it every time you load your mag.

Springs do get worn by repeated full compression but if you only compress it 2/3rd you won't ever get close to that situation. The full compression may of course also be well within the safe elastic limit of the spring (one would assume the designer was that competent and hope the spring is a good one with no metallurgical weaknesses in it) in which case putting a too fat rod into it will not be detrimental to spring life.

Um? I normaly drop the rounds into the tube,no spring to compress. the 15th round falls in just like the first and the follower runs home the same if there is 5 rounds or 15. These rifle were designed to hold 15 rounds.
    This winchester pump was built in the 1920s IIRC andd the miroku is over 40 yeras old, I thnik the spring designs are fine.
    What are you loading that compresses the spring when pushing rounds in?

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Um? I normaly drop the rounds into the tube,no spring to compress. the 15th round falls in just like the first and the follower runs home the same if there is 5 rounds or 15. These rifle were designed to hold 15 rounds.
    This winchester pump was built in the 1920s IIRC andd the miroku is over 40 yeras old, I thnik the spring designs are fine.
    What are you loading that compresses the spring when pushing rounds in?
    SG

Ah, going of the thread title and the TM link I assumed we were talking rim fires.
    Cordite likes this.

I see this part has been withdrawn by the trademe police??
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I see this part has been withdrawn by the trademe police??
    Ignorance or Harassment, you pick. Probably ignorance.