Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Vortex Crossfire red dot, anyone using one?

Hi all
    As per title, looking at getting a red dot for a suppressed .410 possum gun.
    The going rate for a vortex crossfire is ~$300, all of the vortex stuff I have handled has had disproportionately good optics in relation to it’s price, so this option is looking like pick of the bunch so far.
    Has anyone here used one enough to give a good opinion of their quality?.

Also further to the above, if anyone has an old/redundant single mount red dot of reasonable quality, I may consider it before buying new.

Trs25 is used on 3 of my guns,44 lever action,A7 in .308 and 10/22, never had problems with them..

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Trs25 is used on 3 of my guns,44 lever action,A7 in .308 and 10/22, never had problems with them..
    Yep have looked through one of these too, it’s the next option on the list if I don’t go down the vortex path.

I've got one on a 22, haven't played with many others to compare but I like it.
    I did change which rifle it was on and found that the little mounting bolt had snapped due to over-tightening, luckily it comes with two for the high and low mounts.

I've got two of them , both on Lever actions .
    I really like them and would buy another if the need arises .
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Yep I've got one on a 300 blackout. Wanted one with a 2moa dot - all the others were 3-4moa or twice the price.

Works fine. Have shot stuff out to 200m with it which is about the limit of what my eyesight will allow. Have to wear contacted or glasses though because red dots suck if you have any form of astigmatism otherwise.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

Yes I have two, one bought 2nd hand off this forum, one bought new from Bronco in Tauranga. They are my first RDs so can't compare them. One is on my 30-30, one on my Rossi 357mag. They are compact fast and accurate. The 2 MOA dot was critical for me as I take game out past 100m with both. On the range I have no trouble achieving groups commensurate with the rifles capabilities. There is no auto-off. They are compact rugged and light. Fir me i would not look further if buying again. I've had both for more than 3 years
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Have one on my 4570, handles it fine