Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Vortex impact 1000 rangefinder

Question Vortex impact 1000 rangefinder

Hi folks, can anybody comment on the quality of these? i'm looking to get a new rangefinder, and at around $400 these look like a reasonable deal...

I brought one as a spare and the ranging ability has a lot to be desired it wouldn’t range past 500 metres even on large objects and trees.

horribly made, not waterproof, range is 1/2 of what is stated (if even that) and inaccurate

OK then, so they are crap...back to the drawing board...

It's a pretty good rule of thumb to half the advertised range for what you can range in the field. The advertised range is against a reflective object.

If you just need a relatively basic rangefinder there is nothing wrong with the sndway ones of Ali express. They work and are cheap

I've got a basic line of sight model that ranges well out to 800m, but I'm wanting one the has angle compensation/true ballistic range. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AP13 View Post
    I've got a basic line of sight model that ranges well out to 800m, but I'm wanting one the has angle compensation/true ballistic range. Cheers
    the sndways have TBR

OK cheers, might check em out

Ned
    I got a Sig Sauer Kilo 1200 off amazon a while back. Think it was under $300. Does angle compensated range. Ranges well out at longer distances. Great value IMO.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    I got a Sig Sauer Kilo 1200 off amazon a while back. Think it was under $300. Does angle compensated range. Ranges well out at longer distances. Great value IMO.
    Wow that's a hell of a deal...might have to look at that option

Im selling my year old leica 2400r, rrp $1300 asking $800. have ranged sheep to 2200m. only selling to get a 2800.com. (same glass and rangefinder)

Quote Originally Posted by blair993 View Post
    Im selling my year old leica 2400r, rrp $1300 asking $800. have ranged sheep to 2200m. only selling to get a 2800.com. (same glass and rangefinder)
    Sounds nice mate, but $800 is outside my budget. Cheers
    blair993 likes this.

I've got the Vortex 800 and was really disappointed with it. The image quality leaves much to be desired - a blue-green colour cast and quite dark - definitely wouldn't be able to use it after the sun nears the horizon. I believe the latest GC Rangers are better, which says a lot!

H.M
    Brought a sndway of aliexpress 6 months ago, for $140 to your door its a no brainer, optics are crappy but still can see what u need to, put against my mates leupold and was only 5 metres different at 800 yards. Battery last ages to only had to charge it once so far. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    Brought a sndway of aliexpress 6 months ago, for $140 to your door its a no brainer, optics are crappy but still can see what u need to, put against my mates leupold and was only 5 metres different at 800 yards. Battery last ages to only had to charge it once so far. Hope this helps.
    Sounds like good bang for buck! do they have a rechargeable lithium battery?