Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06

Thread: Vortex Razor spotting scope

Dev

Vortex Razor spotting scope

Looking at the Vortex Razor 22-48x65, anyone using or used one? Or similar priced spotters (or cheaper) worth looking at?
    Hard to find a good spotter second hand....

Have had a look through one not that impressed I liked the Sightron better and its cheaper.

Every spotter is subjective depending on the persons eyes. I’ve looked through tons of them. All have their pros and cons. I really like my kowa prominar 664. Kowa is very popular in target shooting and birding. Pretty much the same optics wise as a swaro ats. Everyone who owns a swaro will probably poo hoo me because they spent a lot on one but I’ve had people look down both side by side and there is no difference. Both are very good. Kowa is Slightly lighter and only $2000. On the + for the razor the eye box is a bit bigger I think. Can’t comment on Jeremy’s sightron. I’ve only looked through one of their top 24x scopes against a nxs nightforce And the nightforce was definitely better, clearer in the glass. I looked through he bushnell elite spotter on the weekend and although clear much like the Lrs scopes all white targets have CA shimmer around them which is annoying.
    The vortex viper hs version is pretty nice and are a bit cheaper. We use a couple given to us by vortex for a match and were pretty nice.
    Zeiss has got a new conquest one out which I can hook you up on. Haven’t seen one but look pretty nice.
    I have looked through 2 razors both were nice and similar to my kowa. I can recommend the kowa because I have plenty of time behind it validating bucks and spotting on longrange targets. I’ve done the same with a swaro and it does exactly the same.
    Last edited by Cowboy06; 06-05-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    Dev likes this.

Razor on trademe