Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By Sarvo
  • 3 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By R93

Thread: Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8

  1. #1
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716

    Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8

    Just bought one of these and mounted it on my AR.
    Good first impressions. Not too bad a scope for the money.
    Didn't like the 1-6 strike eagle due to the busy reticle.
    The 1-8 has a nice and less busy one imo.
    Just waiting for one of @stretch switch view levers and she will be all go.

    Anyone else running one for 3/multigun?





    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  2. #2
    Member Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,644
    I didn't realise they changed the reticle? Is it the new popular ACSS?

  3. #3
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I didn't realise they changed the reticle? Is it the new popular ACSS?
    Not sure. It is roughly the same but with a center dot and the ring around the index marks is heaps bigger and doesn't block your view.

    Next to gimps vx-6 leupold it is one of the better ones I have used.
    I like it. Haven't shot a stage with it yet. Just zeroed. 1/2 moa clicks.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  4. #4
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not sure. It is roughly the same but with a center dot and the ring around the index marks is heaps bigger and doesn't block your view.

    Next to gimps vx-6 leupold it is one of the better ones I have used.
    I like it. Haven't shot a stage with it yet. Just zeroed. 1/2 moa clicks.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Found the manual for reticle.



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Tommy likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  5. #5
    Member Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,644
    Nice. Looks to be a better reticle for sure, good holds for windage.

  6. #6
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Just bought one of these and mounted it on my AR.
    Good first impressions. Not too bad a scope for the money.
    Didn't like the 1-6 strike eagle due to the busy reticle.
    The 1-8 has a nice and less busy one imo.
    Just waiting for one of @stretch switch view levers and she will be all go.

    Anyone else running one for 3/multigun?





    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Great bush scope
    Price good too

    I have a Romanian IOR 1.1-4x26 - similar profile
    Has Illumination which is good - but you must remember to turn it off :-(


    Built like a brick shit-house - BUT - its near on 700grms - apart from that I love it

    Name:  20171201_112339.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  1.54 MB
    R93 likes this.

  7. #7
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716
    Bought a switch view off @stretch for my strike eagle.
    He made it the day I enquired and was in my mail box 2 days later. Might have been quicker if we got mail everyday instead of 3 days a week.🤤
    He even enclosed a standard screw head bit of the correct size to fit.

    Took around a minute to put on and it is well made and just the right size imo.

    Cheers @stretch. I am impressed with it. You should market them
    Before anyone mentions my cantilever being around the wrong way I had to so I could fit my brass catcher. Besides my rifle is side as well as top charging.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R93; 01-12-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    Beaker, stretch and Tommy like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  8. #8
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    I thought that was the correct way anyways
    Thats 223 or 308 ??
    Presuming 223 but look longer in the breach

  9. #9
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    I thought that was the correct way anyways
    Thats 223 or 308 ??
    Presuming 223 but look longer in the breach
    223

    I always thought they were shaped and meant to be around the other way so you could reach the top charging handle without hitting the mount.

    I could be wrong tho.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  10. #10
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    5,268
    What trigger pins have you got going on there @R93? Standard on a JP?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  11. #11
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    What trigger pins have you got going on there @R93? Standard on a JP?
    Not sure mate. It is a standard CTR-2? Lower. I have not done anything to it.

    Easily the best trigger I have felt on a semi rifle by a long way. But then again, I am used to a Styer AUG

    With the expensive hunting projectiles it shoots as good as my 223 blaser barrel.


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Posts
    3,911
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not sure mate. It is a standard CTR-2? Lower. I have not done anything to it.

    Easily the best trigger I have felt on a semi rifle by a long way. But then again, I am used to a Styer AUG

    With the expensive hunting projectiles it shoots as good as my 223 blaser barrel.


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    3-4 moa then?

    Having had a fondle of this rifle, it is a bloody nice bit of kit.

    Where did you get the scope from? Link maybe.....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

  13. #13
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    3-4 moa then?

    Having had a fondle of this rifle, it is a bloody nice bit of kit.

    Where did you get the scope from? Link maybe.....
    Mate ordered it in to his shop for me. He got it from Oz I think

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    409
    That's same way I mount cantilever, think it's correct to get eye relief? Got rid of my 1~6 Strike Eagle as struggled with reticle, price on the 1~8 is sharp but think I'll get the primary arms version reticle

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Just bought one of these and mounted it on my AR.
    Good first impressions. Not too bad a scope for the money.
    Didn't like the 1-6 strike eagle due to the busy reticle.
    The 1-8 has a nice and less busy one imo.
    Just waiting for one of @stretch switch view levers and she will be all go.

    Anyone else running one for 3/multigun?





    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I use trijicon accupower 1-4 and also a 1-8 not as cheap but fantastic scopes
    have been lookin at scope you have as a bush hack for the goat slayer

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on the Vortex Golden Eagle HD Riflescope please?
    By steven in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-11-2017, 09:11 PM
  2. FS: Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 & Switch View Lever
    By Simon in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-01-2017, 06:30 AM
  3. FS: vortex strike eagle 1-6x 24mm
    By Timberwolf in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-01-2017, 10:08 PM
  4. Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6
    By anderset20 in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 11:30 PM
  5. Anyone ordered from these guys? After a Vortex 1-6x Strike Eagle
    By Savage1 in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-10-2015, 06:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!