Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Vortex Viper gen 2

Looking at this as an alternative to what I was going to get. Funds are now limited to $1400. Was looking at the 3-15*44 SFP model. Have looked through the older version, are these good scopes? Hoping to here from people with experience. I would rather buy brand new. Prefer the reticle choice in most brands over Leupold. Don't want to be using hold over any more to ranges beyond 200mtrs.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    Cheers

from what i know, the Gen 2s got the Razor glass so should be good for budget. dialing reliable and if you ever have an issue with it, they will take it back.

I've not used one, but the consensus is they are a huge improvement over the original PST.
    The glass isn't as good as the Razor Gen 1, but its close and it has the same turrets. Other than being really heavy it's an excellent scope.

I'm saving my pennies for 5-25x50.