Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Vx-6 3-18 x 50

R93

Vx-6 3-18 x 50

I am wanting a back up scope with some magnification for my rifle in case something goes wrong with my main scope.
    Using the Blaser saddle mount system, this seems prudent and good opportunity to avoid a problem when away in the bush.
    I use an aimpoint instead of iron sights, but of course there is no magnification and it is limited. Other scopes are set for other barrels and it would be good to have one floating to back them all up.

Thinking of a loopy VX6 3-18. Good choice? I know you can send away for a CDS turret and reckon I would get one eventually if they work as intended.
    I am curious as to how the scope is adjusted as a basic model without the CDS turret. Are they covered turrets? Finger adjustable in MOA increments?
    Can I easily adjust windage and elevation is what I am asking without the CDS. I cant make sense of what I have found on google coz they all go on about CDS.

Has anyone mounted one on a Blaser. ProudKiwi? Do you get eye relief? I have saddle mounts where I locate the rings in 7 different positions along the mount, will that help.
    Cheers in advance.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

The 'factory' turrets are horrible plastic jobs that are covered by caps.

Eye relief is good but I have them mounted in cantilever rings allowing them to be set back further that the standard saddle system.

Got a pic of your saddle with the multiple mounting holes? Does it allow you to mount the rings further back than normal?

You will end up getting the CDS cause the standard turrets will make you want to slit your wrists!

R93
    I have got a pic but havent exported it to photo bucket. Used to be able to resize the fuckers and send them from your computer but you cant for some reason now.
    Pm me your email and I send a pic mate.

Can you sort out a CDS with the scope or do you have to send it back after you get it. I will be getting it from the states and sent here too Oz as its cheap as chips duty and GST wise.

Adam just got one.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

R93
    He did too. I forgot, cheers Cam. Hes got that many different brands its hard to keep track.

Caretaker
    Check out the Leupold M5B2 mark 6 3-18x44 and the mark 8 M5B2 3.5-25x56.

Serious gear.

They are 20 percent shorter and lighter than 'normal' high mag Leupolds.

12 inches long and 23oz.

Go to Leupolds website and request a catalogue, they will send you both their tactical and hunting ones within a week.
    veitnamcam and R93 like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Impure Lead Flinger
    I ordered the 2-12x44 in metric but im ordering the 3-18 metric too... ill be getting CDS turrets in plain MIL to suit any loads!! Besides i remember them in my head so no cheatsheets to lose.. you can have afiddle if u want dave
    R93 likes this.

R93
    I will have a squizz when your back from your wap trip? I will do what Andrew said and order a catalogue.

Impure Lead Flinger
    You can download them online if ur not patient.. but doesnt have the 3-18 vx6 yet just 2-12 &1-6..

Impure Lead Flinger
    Duley also did an average review on them in his last mag...

I have had 3 all with shit in the rectile!The first 2 were picked up in the shop but the 3rd one had a couple of bits come loose once once I started shooting.Am really pissed as they are a real nice scope But 3 in a row WTF

I had 3 in a row weavers fog .

It would seem nobodys perfect these days.
    The main thing i guess is that warranty and service are top notch.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Banned
    Just learning here,the Std mill turret is ideal for when you change rigs and so on.If you decide to get a specific turret for your Loupy its free anyway but you have to send the original cds back which is a shame

Impure Lead Flinger
    The first cds turret is free and thereafter they cost 59.90 us as i understand you just have to send them load data to calibrate the turret!!
    Im sure you get to keep the extra turrets u already had!

Banned
    Let me check! Im reading the info wrong but they are saying they will send you a turret for your specific load or fac load data you use