Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Banned

Weatherby vangaurd

Im looking at one of these in rem mag or win mag not fussed just want some feedback on how you guys would make this rifle lighter? on a budget i had one in 270 and was a awsome rifle just a tad heavy.

Chuck it in a fiber glass stock

Flute the barrel and bolt?

Hightech stock. I have considered it myself for my .243. Lots more work but it would work great!

I think some users have also taken a bit off their receiver (opposite side of ejection port). The action is pretty strong anyway so should be fine.

The Weatherby Carbine/Howa Ultralight has those exact same metal removed from the receiver so you will be fine. The carbine only comes in short action though. Strong actions, know plenty of people who have had one, used and abused and back for more. The bluing on them isn't that good but who cares, thats what paint is for. They have quite large barrel profile, could turn it down then flute it? nice light stock, flute bolt, shave receiver, then you still have something heavier than a T3