Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

weatherby vangaurd stock

Hiya guys just purchased a Weatherby Vangaurd 7mm08 an with everything i have read was wondering where in NZ can i source a new stock if i don't like the one that's on it after putting afew rounds down range? also what are your thoughts and opinions on this rifle if you have used one would be very interested to hear. As mentioned before its a Weatherby Vangaurd carbine 7mm08 with a Bushnell scope I picked the combo up for $800 new so am willing to spend abit of coin on a nice stock and am going to put a can on it

Regards

My 22-250 is a vanguard and is awesome. Factory stock is rubbish unless you strengthen the forend. I was thinking about embedding old carbon fibre arrows in resin in there but ended up jamming a piece of wood in there that worked fine, so I left it. Trigger is heavy and needs lightening. This is quite hard in the old models as the trigger is supposedly non adjustable and if you file things too much you lose the safety. Newer ones are adjustable.

Sent from my GT-I8190T using Tapatalk

If you can grab a bell and Carlson(dare I say it of you can find one!). However for a cheap fix for doing 90% of what ya want the vanguards are made by HOWA so obviously they fit the HOWA hogue stocks which are dime a dozen and easy to get. You can go down the chassis path which I am tentatively starting with my rem mag and a MDT LSS. For keeping it local and one word comes to mind plus he's on here and great to deal with- STUG from stug stocks.

They aren't pricey and I am yet to not see one shoot well so welcome to the club so to say!

Boyd stock on the weekly special is the cheapest good option. But if you want synthetic, bell and Carlson as mentioned above, any custom carbon stock from NZ, or a mcmillan from USA.