Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Spudattack

Thread: Weaver Rail - 6.5 x 55

Weaver Rail - 6.5 x 55

Hi guys

Just need some advice on a slight issue am facing. I have a 6.55x55 with a weaver rail. I bought a new scope with mounts and was trying to set it up yesterday but unfortunately the mounts dont tighten enough. The old mounts that came with the gun does hold but needs taping on the screw to hold and is quite old so want it changed.

I assume my rails are worn out and the best option would be to change it. right??

My question is: are all the weaver rail mounts of standard size or do they differ?

From what i understand from your post it would appear that you have a weaver rail and picatinny rings or vice versa, just get the right rings for the rail, i would think it impossible to wear out a rail through normalvuse as there are no moving parts?

Sent from my RM-915_apac_australia_new_zealand_214 using Tapatalk
    Toby and Hunt4life like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    From what i understand from your post it would appear that you have a weaver rail and picatinny rings or vice versa, just get the right rings for the rail, i would think it impossible to wear out a rail through normalvuse as there are no moving parts?
    I will take some pictures today and post up here so I can get more advice on how to make it better...