Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Ground Control
  • 1 Post By Dicko

Thread: Went to

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar

Went to

My Local Hunting and Fishing store today.
    I noticed all the Tikka's had gone up in price by 50$ even those that had been sitting for some time

An American Wilderness that's been sitting for at least two years at 1799$ has moved to 2199$ and now a standard Cz .22 seems to be damn near 1300$

Why?

Stock bought recently that may have gone up in price I can understand but a month ago I asked for a price for something I wanted and was told it was unavailable for at least 6 months
    So it cannot be that they have had a new shipment, it just seems they have decided to put the price of everything up .
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    My Local Hunting and Fishing store today.
    I noticed all the Tikka's had gone up in price by 50$ even those that had been sitting for some time

An American Wilderness that's been sitting for at least two years at 1799$ has moved to 2199$ and now a standard Cz .22 seems to be damn near 1300$

Why?

Stock bought recently that may have gone up in price I can understand but a month ago I asked for a price for something I wanted and was told it was unavailable for at least 6 months
    So it cannot be that they have had a new shipment, it just seems they have decided to put the price of everything up .
    Going on the flood of "used" rifles hitting Trade Me from Gun City - I thought they must be having difficulty selling anything
    Maybe Tikka etc now fit into the "WOKE" bracket :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    They have added the rent for the six square inches the butt takes up mate.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

My local H+F staff reckon the owner has been contacted by a mate in the USA asking if he has any winchester subsonic .22 ammo.

They dont have, and cant get any but apparently the mate wants them to send it over to him in the USA !!!

Also they reckon they can't get any pulsar thermals until next year at best ?!? Something about them having to get them from russia.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Sorry to say but get used to it .

Stock of all sorts of things is tough to get with all the production and freight issues from c19 added to the current mess the USA is in with riots/election.

Hearing that adi powder may be in short supply as they are sending a very large percentage of production to the USA.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Sorry to say but get used to it .

Stock of all sorts of things is tough to get with all the production and freight issues from c19 added to the current mess the USA is in with riots/election.

Hearing that adi powder may be in short supply as they are sending a very large percentage of production to the USA.
    No No No Clint....This is stuff that's been sitting on the shelf the stock has been paid for, the profit is what they get off us......................
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The biggest problem I can see is that you went into a H&F store .
    Slug, Scouser, 300CALMAN and 4 others like this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    No No No Clint....This is stuff that's been sitting on the shelf the stock has been paid for, the profit is what they get off us......................
    Quite often not. A lot of our dealers only pay us when they sell the "thing", sold on consignment as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    The biggest problem I can see is that you went into a H&F store .
    Far better service there locally, at least they stand behind their products!!

Pricing of old stock typically looks to cover pricing of new inventory, so if price of new stock is up then, prices of old stock may change if businesses can be price setters. H&F maybe able to do this? .
    Inventory is working capital and attracts a cost in a business. Most businesses value it at 9-10%, not bank home loan interest rates... The longer it sit on the shelf the more it owes you.
    Mauser308 likes this.

I picked up their latest catalog a week or so back . The thing that I noticed was Rimfires are getting up on par with centrefire prices now.
    The good old .22 is no longer a cheap gun to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Pricing of old stock typically looks to cover pricing of new inventory, so if price of new stock is up then, prices of old stock may change if businesses can be price setters. H&F maybe able to do this? .
    Inventory is working capital and attracts a cost in a business. Most businesses value it at 9-10%, not bank home loan interest rates... The longer it sit on the shelf the more it owes you.
    If it's not selling for 1799 it's stupid to think you'll be able to sell it for $400 more. Especially at a time when everyone's watching their pennies.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk