Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What does your AR15 drink?

What does your AR15 drink?

As I get closer and closer to completion of my AR15 build it occurs to me I will need some oil and possibly some grease as well, assuming the police don’t ban lubricant, what do your guys use and where do you get it from?

Shelley

Slip 2000 EWL
    Warm Barrels!

northdude
    I just use auto trans fluid sparingly

M-Pro7 LPX.

FrogLube 🖒

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I use weapon Sheild
    omegaspeedy likes this.

Use whatever you have on hand. It doesnt really matter. I threw some random oil into the holes on the carrier so it would soak through to the gas rings just before multigun nats. Prior to that i "cleaned" it 12 months earlier. Havnt bothered to put a brush through the bore in over 3 years, its not chrome lined. Its a race gun too, shoots like a laser. No malfunctions.

A previous tenant left their lawn mower at one of my rentals when they shifted out. It had no oil in it so i filled it up with what i had on hand. Cooking oil. 8 years later it still starts first pull.

You can go out and buy any of the over priced witches brews that are targeted at shooters but none of it is going to do anything spectacular. If it makes you feel any better then do it. But you dont need to over think it.
    Savage1, Beaker and Tommy like this.

I think I asked the same question about 4 years ago and was told : Mobil 1 5w-50. So far, so good.
    mikee likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    Use whatever you have on hand. It doesnt really matter. I threw some random oil into the holes on the carrier so it would soak through to the gas rings just before multigun nats. Prior to that i "cleaned" it 12 months earlier. Havnt bothered to put a brush through the bore in over 3 years, its not chrome lined. Its a race gun too, shoots like a laser. No malfunctions.

A previous tenant left their lawn mower at one of my rentals when they shifted out. It had no oil in it so i filled it up with what i had on hand. Cooking oil. 8 years later it still starts first pull.

You can go out and buy any of the over priced witches brews that are targeted at shooters but none of it is going to do anything spectacular. If it makes you feel any better then do it. But you dont need to over think it.
    Yep, I have bought some ballistol in the past, but the dispenser is a cunt, so I'm now using any old free shit I have to hand: 5W30 synthetic motor oil from work in an old squirter can, the free caliper grease they send you with brake pads, hinge grease etc etc. Using lanocote and a slosh of meths for bulk sizing lube too, it all does the job just fine
    Beaker likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

yep, what ever clean oil left overs I have from the the ute/cars,

res
    whatever is within reach on my workbench, normally bulk pack bike chain lube
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I think I asked the same question about 4 years ago and was told : Mobil 1 5w-50. So far, so good.
    this or what ever else was handy at the time.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

my eldest is 15she uses 3 in 1 sewing machine oil on her JP to lube and crc brake cleaner to clean but she is 15 and funds determine what she can spend. Its cheap and works for her

Another one for Slip 2000.

I like to see 'non toxic' on my cleaning stuff. With all the other crap coming out of the gun, it's probably stupid to worry about, but makes me feel better as i'm the one breathing it in running suppressed.

breakfree clp.
    Beetroot and ChrisW like this.