Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What needs an import permit

What needs an import permit

Do I need an import permit for a bolt head? It's for a blaser, doesn't have firing pin or anything.

Cheers

Yup, if its part of a rifle you need a permit
    Any part at all even if its a screw bloody rediculous state of affairs
    grunzter likes this.

Everything.
    muzr257, mikee, grunzter and 3 others like this.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Yep just easier to get one regardless

I have just finished 6 pages of permits for parts because there are only 3 lines on each !

Forms have not been amended for the new reality
    Frodo, xtightg and Mr Browning like this.

Clog them up and inconvenience them as much as you can, it might make them see sense that what they did was implement a stupid law that will cost the govt a heap.
    Cordite and xtightg like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    Clog them up and inconvenience them as much as you can, it might make them see sense that what they did was implement a stupid law that will cost the govt a heap.
    Not that I disagree with you but it may just make it worse and they just get backlogged and then slap a fee on it due to increased workload....just saying.
    None of us like this but let's not tempt fate

It's already proposed to be charging something like $22-30+GST for Import permits after the next law change. Also a vague reference to requiring a permit to send anything domestically, even..

Ah ok, I've only ever done it for bringing a firearm back with me from overseas competition. I guess it's the same form?

The way things are going you will need an Import Permit to download Brownell's catalogue!
    mikee, northdude, norsk and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Everything.
    ThisName:  arrow.png
Views: 346
Size:  1.2 KB
    muzr257, northdude and grunzter like this.

northdude
    do airguns and parts need permits

I played their silly little game and completed their POL 67B Application for a permit to import, as I had sourced a replacement for a missing slider on my 1860's Snider's rear sight. Form delivered to Plod's office 7 Oct and nothing until 3 1 October when I receive an email asking which country the slider was being sent from.

WTF!

Not content with that, he had mispelt two of my three names and referred to the Snider as being a muzzle loader.

I replied but as the slider was sourced via a service man located within the largest American airbase in Afghanistan, who is sending it via the USA Services mail bags to the States where it will then enter the civilian mail system and the sender's details on the package will be...

SENT FROM
    XXXXXXX XXXXXX
    Unit 10/ MISTF-A/ BAF
    APO AE 09354

If any checks are required to be made when it arrives here, I'm sure that will be too much for Plod to cope with. HOWEVER, I accordingly passed the info on and received an email acknowledgement which treated it as a fresh permit application............SIGH and had the following warning.

"
    We will respond as soon as possible to update you on your application progress. Please note- we are currently experiencing heavy demand due to recent legislative changes...."

My only possible response to that is "No shit Sherlock"

As an aside, I noted on the bottom of the 31 October email all the premable and names of Plod's who had been involved in processing my application to date. Careless of the last Plod not to delete that.
    HOWEVER of interest was this appended as a require ment by one of the aformentioned Plod's.

"
    Confirmation of import to be notified to Police within 30 days of importation, for an audit of the importation (by quantity, type, make, model, calibre) , using the supplied NZ Customs signed permit to import and Import Consignment documentation."

Shit knows what all that is about, but no doubt will eventually find out........

Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 03-11-2019 at 06:01 PM.

I’ve had parts held by customs since 4 October. No notification from customs, no reply to my emails or several phone messages. They already have the import permit. I’ll give them a couple more days then complain via the ministers office and start sending in oia requests with relevant questions to customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinky View Post
    I’ve had parts held by customs since 4 October. No notification from customs, no reply to my emails or several phone messages. They already have the import permit. I’ll give them a couple more days then complain via the ministers office and start sending in oia requests with relevant questions to customs.
    Give them shit.... and then sit back and wait, typical release time is 2~3 months if you are lucky.
    They are very slow, and have a shit system that cannot handle the amount of parcels going through the Customs AO team...