Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: where do i stand? what to do?

where do i stand? what to do?

bought a remington sendero SF2 mid/late last year, it came with a nasty fault that jammed the bolt when the rifle was fired, bolt usually could not be pulled back, local gunsmith had to use a hammer to get it open.

i took it back to the shop for a second time after the initial complaint and subsequent test to make sure it was still doing it after they attacked the chamber with cleaning shit and the rifle was sent off to the supplier who then sent it to their own gunsmith.

this smith reported that the chamber was not upto spec and cleaned it out. got it back very late last year and the only time i used it since was when i sighted it in, was still sticky but manageable. went out goat shooting yesterday and the damn bolt was determined not to extract.

this will be the 3rd time it goes back to the shop in total, the consumer guarantee act states that after the first effort to remedy a problem the customer has the option of refund repair or replace. should i try get them to repair it again or get it replaced with another rifle, preferbly not another shitty Remington, if they cant make a 2.5k rifle properly i really want nothing to do with them any more.

main issue i have those is in the mean time it was threaded, the supplier said to me over the phone this should not affect any warranty issues but just want to make sure of this.

Bugger that would really piss you off
    what cal? I'm sure someone that reads this will be able to help you, I cant see threading voiding a warranty.

Consumer Guarantees act covers this.
    I do beleave you a due a full refund or a new replacement because they have tried to fix product already and failed.

Cheek out the website

You should get a replacement. The remmy's are excellent rifles but just like sako's and blasers the odd one slips through QC with a fault.

Kj

AB Precision

Re: where do i stand? what to do?

Any mod to factory rifle nulls the warranty so if you had it threaded that's it gone if they want to be gay about it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

IIRC the correct phrase to use is "goods not fit for purpose"
    SiB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Any mod to factory rifle nulls the warranty so if you had it threaded that's it gone if they want to be gay about it

Under consumer guarantees act etc wouldn't they have to show the modification was responsible for the problem?
    Wirehunt likes this.

AB Precision

Re: where do i stand? what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Under consumer guarantees act etc wouldn't they have to show the modification was responsible for the problem?
    Nope, it's not as it was factory. Even bedding nulls it, any mod to it from standard. That's if they want to be gay. Its not big mod so they might be sweet? Time will tell. Get them to replace it

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    It would voyed the factory warranty but under the Consumer guarantees act they have to fix or replace and because they have tryed to fix its time to replace. As i understand it.
    Wirehunt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    It would voyed the factory warranty but under the Consumer guarantees act they have to fix or replace and because they have tryed to fix its time to replace. As i understand it.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking - the problem was acknowledged already (before the mod) by trying to fix it, replacement/refund isn't dependent on the factory warranty at all just the law.

Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 No 91 (as at 01 August 2009), Public Act – New Zealand Legislation

Could be wrong though, I'm not a lawyer.

Fulla
    id ask for a new one. but keep in mind yours has been modified, they might not want to know about it, its in the warranty. in saying this, iv been down this road, mine was modified too, and they did come to the party. hope for the best.

the problem was first dealt with before threading. its a 7mm mag btw, been shooting winchester grey box stuff and hornady SST 154.

Go for replacement. If they have to clean up chamber again it will be well out of factory spec anyway so they will be looking to out a new barrel on regardless.

The issue being recorded before mods is helpful too

just dropped it back off at the shop today. see what happens next week.