Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robojaz

Thread: Where to get peep sights

Where to get peep sights

Hi,

I have a Norinco 22 that I would like to see if I can get a peep sight to fit on the receiver dovetail. Obviously, I do not want to get something that is worth more than the rifle itself.

Does anyone know where a peep sight can be bought? Having recently gone through the long winded and extremely frustrating process of bringing something into the country, I would prefer to get it locally.

Or does anyone have a peep sight they can part with?

Thanks,

R

There's a website called NECG (new england custom guns) which sells all manner of gunsmithing components for custom builds - including iron sights/peeps etc. They're based in the USA. Their website is currently down for some reason, but google it later. You may find something suitable there. Will still probably cost over $150 factoring in shipping & gst etc.

May be more cost effective to get a smith to make you something out of some scrap metal. A simple peep sight isn't too hard to build, I shouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojaz View Post
    Hi,

I have a Norinco 22 that I would like to see if I can get a peep sight to fit on the receiver dovetail. Obviously, I do not want to get something that is worth more than the rifle itself.

Does anyone know where a peep sight can be bought? Having recently gone through the long winded and extremely frustrating process of bringing something into the country, I would prefer to get it locally.

Thanks,

R
    You need to do searches for something that will go on an 11mm dovetail rail. Or ask in local gun shop if they have a rummage box.

You can equally get inexpensive small red dots on ebay that will dual fit a 11mm dovetails and a 20mm Weaver rail but they're not what you were asking about. If you're bold, you could get an airsoft M16 style carry handle with integral peep sight, I looked for you just to see but they were not clearly for an 11mm rail. But they would also make your gun look, whats the word, evil.

One of the Skinner peep sights should work. Order it in from the states.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Robojaz View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,

R
    I've wondered something similar for putting together a jw15 to teach the kids to shoot with. Found this: https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-5d-ag/
    Think the front blade sight would need to get built up a wee bit but thats not the end of the world.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    One of the Skinner peep sights should work. Order it in from the states.
    Yes! I saw these and would love to get one, but importing is such a b#tch at the moment. I recently got a trigger guard in from US, for my Savage 110, what a drama getting it out of NZpost international mail centre. Customs and NZ Police were great. Once bitten ,twice shy...
    xtightg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    I've wondered something similar for putting together a jw15 to teach the kids to shoot with. Found this: https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-5d-ag/
    Think the front blade sight would need to get built up a wee bit but thats not the end of the world.
    Another good option to consider, thanks.

How would something like this work?
    http://www.amazon.com/Tech-SIGHTS-TS...gateway&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    How would something like this work?
    http://www.amazon.com/Tech-SIGHTS-TS...gateway&sr=8-1
    Definitely, not sure they will deliver to NZ. Will check. Might look at aliexpress too.