Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Why are CZ rifles so expensive in NZ

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Why are CZ rifles so expensive in NZ

Im in the market for a new Varmint rifle, at the Sikashow I saw a new 550 ( was a nice looking shooter ) go on their US site for some more info and see that they are only 9hundy USD, but nearly 2grand here WTF, same with all the other models eg 527 US$ 752 here in the latest HnF catalog $1849 now this smells like the same gready importer bullshit that used to happen with Brownings ( which are now varsly cheaper than they were a year or so ago )

So whats the story ?
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

No story,straight to bed
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Well cz USA is importing fare more rifles from Europe than NZ does. I believe they might be importing actions only and then fit them with boyd and HS precision stocks over there. (The wooden ones would still be made in Europe).
    And then there is at least 20% margin for the importer and at least another 20% to the gun dealer .( it might actually be more like 25 or 30%) and then a gst of 15% and transport to our shores of course.
    I know how you feel, I looked at that little cz carbine that is available in 7,62x39 but the price is stiff.
    Friwi.

i would agree with importers bullshit.
    I imported my Maxus HUNTER model from belgum that browning nz said didnt exist then said they would not bring in due to cost..
    Came in a hard box with 10 chokes invectors and after market chokes, about 20 hi glow sights nice soft bag and a few other bits and bobs...
    was about 800 cheeper then any maxus stalker or camo is now ,,and that was 2 years ago.

So yeah pillipo my view is importer bullshit

guess it boils down to quantity versus quality lol
    shooting .17 ackley hornet so size dos'nt matter

Oh and the cost of running a business. Cost plus 20 why would you do it on the volumes sold in NZ, we all want excellent everything but don't want to pay. Been to your Doctor recently?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Same with many things, my dewalt planer lists for $1499NZ+ here, 560US on amazon...

No competition and no volume....there is no need to be competitive, very hard to bring things in...
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

The cost of import permits , GST, bank charges , exchange rates , shipping ,insurance , warehousing,rents, power , wages , warrentees etc the need for both the importer and the retailer to make a profit (usually 10-20%) . Many manufacturers insist that the wholesaler imports at least 5 of any item this adds to the cost of stock the importer must hold , many companies also insist that their agent holds many thousands of dollars of spare parts . The USA market gets first suck of the sav , little markets like NZ are usually last in the queue for new products , this is good in one way , if there is a design fault the US market finds it first . In an economy of scale the US and Britain get much higher discounts than NZ and because they sell a higher volume they have a lower margins .
    Maca49 and deepsouthaussie like this.
    Get as close as you can then six feet closer

When I was looking for a shotgun I considered buying the CZ Ultralight Upland Shotgun 12g over and under. looked like a budget price in USD on the CZ website.
    But I can't find the freaking things in NZ and Im sure it will be about $1500NZD or more if they did have it. So you start question whether its worth it or not.
    Probably not

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Some valid points, shit I know that running a bizo is'nt cheap and I amagine running an importing bussness would be proper hell with Import duties, freight GST etc and I know that the mark up that ya local dealer is fuck all compared to other industeries

But my point is that if companies like Ruger that list a rifle for US$ 900 RRP and you can buy it here for NZ$ 1300 ( farken mint ) remember these guys are still making a profit, then I come back to my oringal question which I should have refrazed " why are CZ's so expensive compared to everyone else"
    veitnamcam and Maca49 like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Same with many things, my dewalt planer lists for $1499NZ+ here, 560US on amazon...

No competition and no volume....there is no need to be competitive, very hard to bring things in...
    If I sell power tools against major companies like say Paykels I'm looking at cost + 10 or 15% I don't make them a major part of my business. There's a middle man making the dosh not the end seller In NZ. Remember the obligations I have to the consumer in NZ as well. Amazon online has huge t/o and they can't offer a warranty in NZ and don't contribute to NZ with any tax. Long term dumb to buy off shore for the long term benefit of NZ
    Oh they don't pay wages in NZ either, you need that money to spend off shore Bottom line is overheads in NZ are expensive for small businesses I need a margin of over 30 % just to survive.
    But hey 6 people enjoy a way of in NZ because of the local based business.
    De Walt along with Bosch, aeg, Milwaukee, Ryobi and a few others are either straight marketing companies with little back up or are Australian based. Best in NZ IMHO are Makita or Hitachi, definitely the best back up, and they know about power tools and are very fair to deal with
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Some valid points, shit I know that running a bizo is'nt cheap and I amagine running an importing bussness would be proper hell with Import duties, freight GST etc and I know that the mark up that ya local dealer is fuck all compared to other industeries

But my point is that if companies like Ruger that list a rifle for US$ 900 RRP and you can buy it here for NZ$ 1300 ( farken mint ) remember these guys are still making a profit, then I come back to my oringal question which I should have refrazed " why are CZ's so expensive compared to everyone else"
    Probably quality
    Philipo and Littledog like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post

Because their AWESOME!!!
    ANTSMAN likes this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    De Walt along with Bosch, aeg, Milwaukee, Ryobi and a few others are either straight marketing companies with little back up or are Australian based. Best in NZ IMHO are Makita or Hitachi, definitely the best back up, and they know about power tools and are very fair to deal with
    Always liked the Hitachi gear we used in my bricklaying days, real quality feel to it. Gotta be solid to hold up to that treatment.
    Maca49 likes this.

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    I agree with Druid's comments. The bad news is we are 4 million people on the edge of the world and we pay too much for a lot of things in NZ. The goods news is we are 4 million people at the edge of the world with a lot of deer, rabbits, ducks, geese, tahr, etc, etc and a whole lot of real bush and wetlands to hunt them in.
    I choose to live here and pay too much for rifles and everything else rather than hangout in the US ... unless of course I move to Munroe Louisiana and got adopted by Phil and Miss Kaye Robertson. Happy, happy, happy !!!
    Philipo, Bryan, Maca49 and 1 others like this.