Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Wtd valuation and damage report from retailer for scope

Wtd valuation and damage report from retailer for scope

Is anyone able to help me out ? Have asked a few people with no luck or response.

It's a March 2.5-25@52 was in great condition.

Needs to be a damage report, as well as replacement cost for market value from a retail company for insurance purposes.

I think it's a 2019 model.

Attaching pics, and email if someone can please help me.

Lars.donald.kramer@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Why not just go through the NZ agent for March??

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    Why not just go through the NZ agent for March??
    Have emailed and asked. No luck as of yet..

May be worth trying Australian March distributor...BRTshooters supply...

Any of your local major firearm retailers should be able to supply you with the information you require. Do you shop local.

If you got house contents insurance.Just take it to GC for a report and replacment cost.You may have to get a proof of purchase invoice.If yr insurance company any good.Thats all you gota do.

Have contacted Ken @55six. I think he's looking into it for me. Yes, insurance claim has been lodged.
    ChrisW and 55six like this.

How did the damage happen....?

Not too sure mate. Shot 3 rounds, it was great. Went to shoot the fourth and thought there was water on the glass that woikdnt wipe off

Just be aware of the "market value" side of things. Insurance companies have a funky model to value sports items. I just claimed for the damage on my binoculars. Retail value is $2400, the binos are 5 years old. They valued them at $1000. Less my excess I was going to get $750 in the hand. When I explained that Euro optics hold their value etc it fell on deaf ears. I had to find an ad from ebay selling the same binos second hand (none for sale in nz) for about $1800 NZD. They called back and we had a good chat about the binoculars use. ie how often I actually used the bino's, and the duration of the use and the fact that when not in use they were in a bag inside a box in the garage. She recalculated the age down to a year and a half old, which came out to $1750. It left me with $1500 in the hand, which is far better than $700
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphus View Post
    Just be aware of the "market value" side of things. Insurance companies have a funky model to value sports items. I just claimed for the damage on my binoculars. Retail value is $2400, the binos are 5 years old. They valued them at $1000. Less my excess I was going to get $750 in the hand. When I explained that Euro optics hold their value etc it fell on deaf ears. I had to find an ad from ebay selling the same binos second hand (none for sale in nz) for about $1800 NZD. They called back and we had a good chat about the binoculars use. ie how often I actually used the bino's, and the duration of the use and the fact that when not in use they were in a bag inside a box in the garage. She recalculated the age down to a year and a half old, which came out to $1750. It left me with $1500 in the hand, which is far better than $700
    That's why i changed to FMG they do full replacement value, i claimed on my 20 year old scope and they paid out full replacement cost of a like for like model.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    Trout, Dreamer and 6x47 like this.

A mates being threw this the retailer looked at it then told him to take it to the car park and really break it to avoid repair dramas

Quote Originally Posted by Delphus View Post
    Insurance companies vary in their cover and response to claims.
    We get our contents of cover through a broker.
    My rifles and supporting equipment are covered while stored at home and while in transit to competion.
    They aren't covered when in use on the range.
    This is replacement cover.

To lessen arguments I maintain a list of rifles - itemized as component parts - with my broker.
    My wife doesn't have this list as I'd be in big trouble if she did.
    chainsaw and Moa Hunter like this.

Ned
    It's a well known fact that the more you look through optics the more they wear out. When on a glossing mission I only look through my binos when I'm at least 90% sure I'm looking at an animal.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Bol Tackshin and Larskramer like this.

Say what??