Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nor-west
  • 1 Post By nor-west

Thread: WW Greener cadet. 222 rimmed

WW Greener cadet. 222 rimmed

I was looking around for a .22 Hornet but after reading how so many have trouble getting them to shoot I broadened my search up as far as .222 Remington, my sons a lefty and wants something he can shoot as well, so I found a lovely WW Greener cadet in .222 rimmed, I have a great load from previous loader, I would like to trim the stock down and bed the fore end but have no idea where to start with bedding a split stock, any pointers would be appreciated. Also load I got was with W748 which can't be found in W.A so thinking 2208 or start again with BM2 or 8208 , heaps of that here.

That sounds very cool! You're spoiled for choice with ADI powders that will work well for usual bullet weights - 2207, 2219, BM2 and 8208. I have zero knowledge on the stock question, luckily there's quite a few knowledgeable folk hanging around here who will.

Does the rifle come with a supply of brass?

And can we have some pictures of the rifle too please? Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Steelisreal View Post
    That sounds very cool! You're spoiled for choice with ADI powders that will work well for usual bullet weights - 2207, 2219, BM2 and 8208. I have zero knowledge on the stock question, luckily there's quite a few knowledgeable folk hanging around here who will.

Does the rifle come with a supply of brass?

And can we have some pictures of the rifle too please? Ta
    Yes i was going post link to the sale but it's already been taken off, yes has some brass and Ive ordered another 100 new brass. I'll be leaning on @Tentman who has one in 218 bee for help.
    Steelisreal likes this.

Name:  20221013_143332.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  3.42 MB

@Steelisreal

Just need to get a new butt pad. you can see the hole in the back of the frame for the cleaning rod, I just need to drop out the breech block and trigger one sprung split pin and it drops out. The barrel seems to be a 1/9 or 1/10 at most and is marked sprinter .222R
    Steelisreal likes this.
    I'm trying to get to heaven before they shut the door.

2219 seems to be working ok for me in the non rimmed version.... thats only the 2nd 222r Ive ever seen,the other was a 20ga/222r U/O combo gun used on wallabies.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Dont they have Jandals in Aussie?

Bedding: there should be a small gap between the rear of the forend and the action metal. Best practice is to skim bed the butt where it makes contact with the rear of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    Bedding: there should be a small gap between the rear of the forend and the action metal. Best practice is to skim bed the butt where it makes contact with the rear of the action.
    Yes its been done, even though many moons ago so I've left it.
    I'm trying to get to heaven before they shut the door.