Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KiwiinSeattle
  • 1 Post By hotsoup

Thread: Xbolt stock options

Xbolt stock options

Does anyone know if any stock makers are producing stocks for an xbolt here. All I've found so far is mcmillan, but importing is my last option if it's possible. I know it would be easier with a different gun, but this is mine and I like it. Preferably carbon or fibreglass

I've looked around and could only find McMillan. I replaced a synthetic factory stock with a McMillan Game Scout on my X-Bolt .308 WIN.

Why, because I wanted to and could do so.

There is nothing wrong with the X-Bolt synthetic factory stock and the economic laws of supply and demand are self evident. In other words, if there was a real (not just perceived) issue with the factory stock then there would be more demand for an after market replacement - and more choices / supply.

The multiple after market stocks available for Tikka T3, Remington 700 etc. are simply because there is more demand for them - because of various real or perceived short comings of the factory stocks. Tikka responded to this with the T3X stock upgrade.

Again, just an opinion but that is what the "market" shows ups.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiinSeattle View Post
    I've looked around and could only find McMillan. I replaced a synthetic factory stock with a McMillan Game Scout on my X-Bolt .308 WIN.

Why, because I wanted to and could do so.

There is nothing wrong with the X-Bolt synthetic factory stock and the economic laws of supply and demand are self evident. In other words, if there was a real (not just perceived) issue with the factory stock then there would be more demand for an after market replacement - and more choices / supply.

The multiple after market stocks available for Tikka T3, Remington 700 etc. are simply because there is more demand for them - because of various real or perceived short comings of the factory stocks. Tikka responded to this with the T3X stock upgrade.

Again, just an opinion but that is what the "market" shows ups.
    I'm in the same mindset. I love my xbolt and want to hold on to it, so it's not a need, but like you say "because I want to". Where did you get the game scout stock? Carbon or fiberglass and were there any hassles involved?

Mine is a standard McMillan fiberglass stock weighing in at 970 grams - the factory synthetic stock is 850 grams.

You need to find someone in NZ with whom McMillan has an export license set up. The issue is not NZ importing (you may have to pay NZ GST) but U.S. exporting regulations.

I'll send you a PM

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  716.6 KB
    cameronjackwhite likes this.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

Southfort Labs have one underway, classic hunter style IIRC.
    Just going to take a look around the next bend...

Quote Originally Posted by 38 South View Post
    Southfort Labs have one underway, classic hunter style IIRC.
    That is great news for @cameronjackwhite and anyone else who is inclined to swap out their Browning factory synthetic stock.

I've admired the Southfort stocks at our local H&F - very nice piece of work - as are Stu's stocks - @stug

SG Gunstocks - SG Gunstocks - Carbon Fibre Stocks - Home

I might get one myself - just because I want to !

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiinSeattle View Post
    That is great news for @cameronjackwhite and anyone else who is inclined to swap out their Browning factory synthetic stock.

I've admired the Southfort stocks at our local H&F - very nice piece of work - as are Stu's stocks - @stug

SG Gunstocks - SG Gunstocks - Carbon Fibre Stocks - Home

I might get one myself - just because I want to !
    Enquiries are under way, I know Stu doesn't do one, he does make a wicked stock. So it looks like southfort for the xbolt if I can get my mitts on one.

I hear there a bit of a bugger to bed with that shotgun safety.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Southfort labs machining moulds this week. Get hyped lads

Yes Southfort labs are creating these. I've had a play around with one, looks really nice.
    KiwiinSeattle likes this.